OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,

I moved to Poland this winter for master studies and I'm going back home to Greece for christmas in a few days and I wanted to ask.

I want to buy switch games for my nephew and brother,specifically splatoon 2 and maybe professor layton...I've checked both games are in english language here.

I want to ask if the games will be fully playable in another country,like will they be able to play online,download updates,download DLC and things like that.

Both my nephew's and brother's switch were bought in Greece so they're european versions I guess.

and since the games I want to buy are also from Europe then I suppose there won't be any problems?

I'm talking about physical cartridge versions,not e-store ofcourse.

thanks in advance and hoping for quick answers because I'm going to buy them tomorrow or thursday :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they will work. I actually have a bootleg of poi. it says usa on it, but it's not the usa version. the only thing that you can't do is redeeming coins for the games. it's already been past a year for at least splatoon 2, so that's not really a problem. coins are only redeemable to an account if the account is of the same region as the game.

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
and they will work with full online capabilities?

asking specifically for splatoon 2 because if it can't play online...then.......oooooooooooh boy....it will be bad

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In most cases, all regions (except China)get the exact same version of the game. Any game from any region (except maybe China) will play on any Switch, and online and all that stuff will work.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello,

I moved to Poland this winter for master studies and I'm going back home to Greece for christmas in a few days and I wanted to ask.

I want to buy switch games for my nephew and brother,specifically splatoon 2 and maybe professor layton...I've checked both games are in english language here.

I want to ask if the games will be fully playable in another country,like will they be able to play online,download updates,download DLC and things like that.

Both my nephew's and brother's switch were bought in Greece so they're european versions I guess.

and since the games I want to buy are also from Europe then I suppose there won't be any problems?

thanks in advance and hoping for quick answers because I'm going to buy them tomorrow or thursday :)
The vast majority of Switch games get a universal USA/EUR release with the exact same ROM, same eShop entry (shared DLC), same everything. Many of them have a universal global release where Asian languages are included too. Even for ones that don't, the Switch is fully region free, meaning you can create a Nintendo account of a different region in order to download updates and DLC for a different region games (for updates it's probably not even needed, I don't think you need a Nintendo account to download those, they're just downloaded automatically)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Don't worry. It is region free. I bought Japan games (Rockman games) and Portugal game on my USA Switch. They are physical cartridge versions. Not China due to their restriction recently for Switch. (What a meanie) Anyway.. :) You will be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...