OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.matsindia.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hi all

I was thinking about buying a PSP (vita) using for homebrew only. I'd mainly use it as a PS1 / GBA emulator. I haven't followed the PSP hacking scene for the past decade or so, so I'm completely ignorant on all of this. Is there a way I can buy a pre-hacked/modded PSP (vita), or should I look out for certain firmwares, or buy certain exploit games?...

Note; if you can do all these things (emulators) on a normal PSP as well, I wouldn't mind getting a normal one if they're still widely available. Problem is that I live in India and my only access to getting these things is through shipping.

Thanks a bunch ;)

lytro

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
IMO: Get a PSP(Go), getting a Vita only for the ePSP homebrew's/emulators isn't worth the hassle.
Also, every PSP is easy exploitable.

-> The vita has to be below a certain FW version, you'll need a PS3 to transfer the exploitable games onto said Vita, as the vita won't be able to access the PSN-Store on a lower firmware than 3.35 (which is the newest one currently)

A quick Google/Temp search should've given you all the information you need.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A Vita is nice because of the screen, but I agree that it's a lot of hassle due to inability to simply drag and drop files. You need to jump through hoops to do even the most basic things.

I would just get a PSP.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?