Hardware Buying a GBA Flash Cart in 2013

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm they always responded to my emails. And when I requested a refund they were quick about that too. I originally ordered from them, then after a month or so of waiting canceled.

Edit
I should have mentioned that I used a credit card. A few days (2 or 3) I got notification from paypal that money was returned to my credit card. Which it was. If you use a credit card paypal will do the refund that way.

Also something to keep in mind. I have seen other people say "I am doing a paypal dispute with them" rather than just asking for a refund. This is ill advised because paypal MAY freeze both of your accounts (they tend to do this when flash carts are involved). It may be that ebluar had their account froze for this very reason and is not able to issue refunds. I don't know of course but it makes me wonder.

ntpsq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did a paypal dispute like a week ago and got my money back from them just fine. you should still email first tho~

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received 2 EZ Flash from realhotstuff when they had re-stocked.

What is the biggest size card I can use? Is there a limitation? Are MicroSD -> MiniSD adapters ok to use?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I received 2 EZ Flash from realhotstuff when they had re-stocked.

What is the biggest size card I can use? Is there a limitation? Are MicroSD -> MiniSD adapters ok to use?

SD standard (SD, mini, micro) max out at 2GB. SDHC (SD, mini, micro) max out at 32GB.

EZ-Flash IV is pre SDHC flashcart tech, so your limited to 2GB.

microSD to miniSD adaptors vary too much and is the source of alot of connection issues. You should find a 2GB miniSD if you can. You can get one of those adaptors if you want.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=2GB miniSD

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer. I will just pick up a 2GB MiniSD online. I actually checked stores here and I guess nobody sells MiniSD since most devices take Micro or regular SD these days.

I have a 2GB MicroSD but if there's any possible issue I'd rather avoid it.

Adil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys I have issues with the ez client, when I click on it, it comes with the language selection window and then it doesnt start.
I have windows 7...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Adil

Adil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have a D: drive on your system? If not map one there (virtual drive, USB drive, manual remap, network drive... it really does not matter as long as there is one there, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/change-add-or-remove-a-drive-letter ) or edit EZ4client ( http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?p=64471#p64471 -- edit offset 0x60e0c in ez4_client.exe from 0x44 to 0x43).
thanks that did the trick :D

Now I can get the flash cart!

edit: oh no! its out of stock T.T

edit2: Just found a uk website for the ez flash
http://www.shopr4.co.uk/products/EZ-Flash-iV-GBA-Linker-for-Nintendo-GBA-DS-and-DS-Lite.html

anyone has experience with them?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That looks like a fire card to me and I am not sure it is LPT/parallel as most were USB.
We covered fire cards earlier in the thread or it might have been one of the other ones.. either way
128 is 128 megabit or 16 megabytes, GBA games went up to 32 megabytes (list of them http://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995 ) though you are not missing out on an awful lot (most will note the loss of Mother 3, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, a bunch of Yu-Gi-Oh! games and Kingdom Hearts and Riviera - The Promised Land, none of which I find especially interesting even though I should in theory like some of them), the complete list is on that thread so you can see what you might be missing out on*.

*if you want Spanish then though it is slightly different you might want to be looking at the European versions, these were quite often bigger games and there is no easy way to shrink GBA games like you might do on the PSP or something.

However if you can fit the game on there then it will work and save (give or the take the extras in that thread I just linked) which for my money puts it ahead of the supercards in many cases.

For $14 and free shipping... if you can afford it and know that it will be troublesome then go for it. I normally only suggest them to someone that knows what they are doing as far as computers and/or GBA flash carts but that is really cheap.
Also could you share the software if you do get one, we had trouble finding it the other week.

Shorkio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I have (well, had. I started to tinker with its internals and it died, oops!) that same cartridge back from DX days and it's surprisingly ok cartridge. You need a parallel port to use it and it flashes long, but otherwise it is nice.
E: You can have multiple games on it, but if I remember right you can only have one save file.

Also could you share the software if you do get one, we had trouble finding it the other week.
If I recall correctly, those who had bought it from DX said installation CD had a virus and software itself was in Chinese. English alternative is called SPLINK:
http://gggddfdgju.googlepages.com/flashcart.exe
Only bad thing I had was that I have to reinstall it every time I closed the program.

rharesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
if you guys from India get the ezflash IV gba cart from realhotstuff or other sites, you can buy micro mini sd adapter here for cheap with free shipping :)
Code:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Mini-SD-adapter-/221297696921?pt=IN_Memory_Cards_Pen_Drives_HDD&hash=item33865ee099

Macatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I order from RHS's Chinese or USA website? I live in the USA, and I'd much rather have it shipped from within the USA, but it seems strange that the .hk site has the cart for 50 cents cheaper with Free Shipping, whereas the USA site charges shipping.

Are there any other differences I should know of between using the two websites? Thanks for your help.

justinwebb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered from both before and would rather go with the US site if you want it sooner. If you dont mind waiting then go with the .hk site but there is always the possibility of it getting lost or stuck in customs on its journey across the pond.

Xenochria

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought an EZ Flash from Ebular on Friday, they say they're in stock, but my order is still pending unfortunately... I sent them an email asking for an update, I'll keep you posted. Should I get the cancel the order and try somewhere else?

onyxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue a chargeback with your financial institution, I work for mine so its quite easy lol I just message someone and get my money back right away :)

Paypal only allows up to 45 days to dispute. Can't just issue a chargeback.

To this day I still have not recieved either my product or my money back so my initial warning still stands NEVER ORDER FROM EBLUAR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-