Hardware Buying a GBA Flash Cart in 2013

jumpman1229

SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue a chargeback with your financial institution, I work for mine so its quite easy lol I just message someone and get my money back right away :)

How exactly do I do this? I contacted Ebluar for a refund back on August 19 and they replied back saying I would receive a full refund within 7 working days. Well, it has been way passed that time, I have yet to receive my refund and I have since contacted them twice. They have ignored me twice and now I am forced to take further action and get my stolen money back

justinwebb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly do I do this? I contacted Ebluar for a refund back on August 19 and they replied back saying I would receive a full refund within 7 working days. Well, it has been way passed that time, I have yet to receive my refund and I have since contacted them twice. They have ignored me twice and now I am forced to take further action and get my stolen money back
Whatever bank you charged the purchase though call them and ask to file a chargeback or claim. Have every time you have emailed in front of you as they will ask you if you have contacted the seller so that way you have specific examples ready to go.

Reactions: jumpman1229

jumpman1229

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever bank you charged the purchase though call them and ask to file a chargeback or claim. Have every time you have emailed in front of you as they will ask you if you have contacted the seller so that way you have specific examples ready to go.

Great, thank you so much for your help! :)

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

I'm so sorry that they're giving you trouble, all I had to do was ask and provide my order number and they refunded me.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you use paypal? And if so, is your paypal connected to any credit card? On several occasions, I noticed that my paypal account balance did not change whatsoever when I was given a refund. It turned out that when I paid through paypal, the amount was taken from my credit card (since my paypal balance at the time of purchase was $0.00). Even though eventually there was a positive balance later on, when paypal refunded me it was actually transferred back to my credit card. So if the actual funds that were used to make your payment were from your credit card (even though you used paypal), you may actually have to look in your credit card statements to see if they did not actually get credited there instead.

Hope you eventually get your money back... or if not, that they ended up keeping your money but sent you the goods and it's just taking a while.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason why playing the cart in the GBA mode of the DS Lite should be any different than playing it on a "real" GBA -- it's all the same hardware. In theory the EZ-IV should be fast enough to handle any game at fullspeed no matter what. Is there a difference if you run it off the built-in RAM or if you manually store it to NOR flash first? Does the slowdown occur in the official cartridge as well?

The slowdown was noticed even when placed in NOR first. I no idea where I have misplaced my original cart -- it's been ages since I last played it. I only recently got back into GBA games when I learned about the AGS-101 mods. I can put up a video later and perhaps someone with the real cart can chime in on whether there is any slowdown.

jumpman1229

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so sorry that they're giving you trouble, all I had to do was ask and provide my order number and they refunded me.

How long ago did you get your refund?

Did you use paypal? And if so, is your paypal connected to any credit card? On several occasions, I noticed that my paypal account balance did not change whatsoever when I was given a refund. It turned out that when I paid through paypal, the amount was taken from my credit card (since my paypal balance at the time of purchase was $0.00). Even though eventually there was a positive balance later on, when paypal refunded me it was actually transferred back to my credit card. So if the actual funds that were used to make your payment were from your credit card (even though you used paypal), you may actually have to look in your credit card statements to see if they did not actually get credited there instead.

Hope you eventually get your money back... or if not, that they ended up keeping your money but sent you the goods and it's just taking a while.

Yes, I used Paypal and it is connected to my credit card. However, it looks like this purchase of $35.98 USD from Ebluar was deducted from my Paypal balance, not my card so contacting my bank wouldn't work. Whether or not the purchase was done through my Paypal balance or a card, I should still receive an email from Paypal stating I have been refunded don't you think? That's how it's worked out for my past Paypal refunds

Thank you guys! I'm hoping I can work out a refund like you said, or maybe they shipped it and that's the reason I haven't been refunded. I kind of doubt that because I haven't gotten an email stating it shipped or any replies to my emails =/

jumpman1229

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you should receive an email from paypal when refunded.

did you file a complaint from paypal? it always worked for me.

I haven't filed a Paypal complaint yet. I've never had to do one and I'm not familiar with how to file one, but I will look up how to do so. Thank you!

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long ago did you get your refund?
Yes, I used Paypal and it is connected to my credit card. However, it looks like this purchase of $35.98 USD from Ebluar was deducted from my Paypal balance, not my card so contacting my bank wouldn't work. Whether or not the purchase was done through my Paypal balance or a card, I should still receive an email from Paypal stating I have been refunded don't you think? That's how it's worked out for my past Paypal refunds

Thank you guys! I'm hoping I can work out a refund like you said, or maybe they shipped it and that's the reason I haven't been refunded. I kind of doubt that because I haven't gotten an email stating it shipped or any replies to my emails =/

I don't think Paypal emails you if you received a refund (but I could be wrong) but I do know that if you get a refund (regardless of any transfers to your CC) you would have a record in your transaction history. If you click on the transaction where you paid ebluar, then within that purchase would be a reference to any refunds. The reference should also be linked to a separate transaction entry within your history.

Best wishes!

bitbite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the record, I think i have the oldest back-order with Ebluar at the moment. They just informed their receiving their stock on thursday only to fill back-orders (a very large number of backorders).

If I get a tracking number I'll let you know.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
How long ago did you get your refund? =/
About three days, they also sent me a message asking me if I was sure I wanted to cancel.

You still might be able to get a refund through Paypal if you can get ahold of an actual person, I took me forever but I had to do that for another unfulfilled order online.

In the end I gave up and got an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 from http://www.eachmall.me/, works great but I had to put it into a standard GBA shell to make it compatible with my SP.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine stuff came in today -- shipped Sept. 4, 2013 and arrived Sept. 14, 2013 (from Hong Kong). I used 0shippingzone

beltet

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got my ez flash iv now and need to ask:
Where do I find the latest firmwares and software for it?

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got my ez flash iv now and need to ask:
Where do I find the latest firmwares and software for it?

For firmware, I would just use the Clearlooks skin (which includes the most recent firmware that I know of). As for other "software" you are probably best off using google.

Clearlooks: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17257
EZ Client: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-ez4-client-2009-04-03-f31119.html (for patching ROMs)

Up toward the top of the website should be a link for "Downloads" where you can find other goodies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: