Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not all systems get ruined because of homebrew.

To pirate the Wii, you have to buy and rip the disk yourself (or somebody on the internet) then make a torrent or take a huge amount of time to upload (or again, somebody on the internet) then you have to download the rar parts and piece them together or wait until your torrent finally finishes. Then you would have to burn it to a DVD, if you have one. That would probably annoy some people.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my point was not that soft mod or mods were ok, my point is that Nintendo does not care as much as it would seem... Much like Microsoft in last gen...

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
Not all systems get ruined because of homebrew.

To pirate the Wii, you have to buy and rip the disk yourself (or somebody on the internet) then make a torrent or take a huge amount of time to upload (or again, somebody on the internet) then you have to download the rar parts and piece them together or wait until your torrent finally finishes. Then you would have to burn it to a DVD, if you have one. That would probably annoy some people.

Takes me about 5 hours from deciding I want a game to playing it.
However, I accept that's not most people.

Other people could just go out and buy a pirated version for next to nothing.

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
The Frenchman said:
my point was not that soft mod or mods were ok, my point is that Nintendo does not care as much as it would seem... Much like Microsoft in last gen...

I think they care, they stopped the twilight hack didnt they?

Kaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using softmod hacks for years with the Xbox1. Yes it can play pirated games but I've always used it more for the Media Center experience. XBMC has evolved tremendously since it's first release as XBMP, allowing people to have a full blown media center for under 200$.

It's probably going to take a year or so but I'm more interested in having a similar experience with the Wii with the added bonus of the Wiimote and built-in Wireless.

Naturally the softmod is most likely going to be used for piracy but there are some people who benefit of this in terms of added functionality (like the Media Center, or a complete menu replacement) which only makes the Wii more appealing for the masses as long as it's used in the right way.

podunk1269

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
This arguement makes me laugh my ass off.

Big N surfs the sites? of course they do then they encourage pirating. They stopped trying to prevent DS flashcarts because DS sales tripled after they became popular. If took them sooo long to patch the TP hack cause they were too busy, BS, they sold the crap copies on Zelda in backstock, then patched it. Notice when pirating becomes popular the big N slows down releases of first party games, until they patch shit up.

The guy will get hired at this rate? that is probably what he is trying to do, think about it...

anti-pirate / pro-pirate? We are all memebers of this site cause we pirate...

Softmod / hardmod different than pirating? HAHAHAHA

we just want homebrew? again HAHAHA the majority of wii homebrew is emulators, we pirate the roms

we try before we buy? That may be so, but we still pirate in order to do it, and by doing so we support pirating.

We are a community of pirates, it's what we do. Accept it, live with it, and dont try to justify it. Don't lie to yourselves.

We may have "different" morals, ex. I will dl a movie but I wont walk in walmart and steal one off the shelves, if fact I would feel bad about shoplifting, but not about downloading. That doesn't make me any less scum than those that do shoplift, yet I look down on those that do. Does that make me a hipocrate? you bet your ass it does, but we all are.
ACCEPT IT, and stop bickering about it

Syangel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Good job bushing. Upholind the law, while finding the loopholes is the way to go. keep up the great work, im looking forward to being able to keep backups of my games, because my family keeps leaving the discs around.

Im not bullcrapping i swear
~Syn (yea i mispelt my username..)

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
podunk1269 said:
This arguement makes me laugh my ass off.

Big N surfs the sites? of course they do then they encourage pirating. They stopped trying to prevent DS flashcarts because DS sales tripled after they became popular. If took them sooo long to patch the TP hack cause they were too busy,

1. Your spelling makes me laugh.

2. DS sales did not triple due to flashcarts.

3. They patched the twilight hack quickly, check the timestamps. For some reason, they spent 3 months making sure it was safe.

podunk1269

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, my spelling sucks, I know that, I juss dont give a crap
DS sales did shoot up after carts came out
and they waited 3 months to move more copies of the games, sales skyrocketed after the hack was found.

in all that post, that was the only thing that offened you? I am losing my touch damn
smile.gif

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Maybe wanikoko will find this "flaw". I respect bushing for him having his views about piracy but i dont respect the way hes like a lil grass...."oh nintendo, the kids are doing naughty things...come stop them"

Mysticcal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TBH, I think nintendo deserves this. they release crap games, let 3rd parties release crap games. hell. I just want XBMC for the wii already. auto chip update, and an ISO loader would be nice to cut down on DVDs, but it'll never work till USB2.0 is unlocked or somehow local network would work.

Kekkon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares if they try to stop it, the majority of us are still using 3.2 right? Simply don't upgrade so you can keep your flaws for anything that might come out of it, I'm sure someone will come up with a workaround it they do patch it.

Hideki-kun

Trophies
Website
techno-bite.com
XP
Country
If this comes out the first thing I'm going to download is WiiMusic, then Horsez.
But seriously, I hope Bushing doesn't release this, I like paying for games... 0__o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.