OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Buried Stars Language Save Data Patcher

7EKM9sl.jpg

This is a save data patcher to switch the language to one of the 5 that was available 'on the fly' within the game Buried Stars.

Available language choices:

Korean

English

Japanese

Chinese Simplified

Chinese Traditional

General Info:

The game Buried Stars is only available in Korea for the PS Vita unlike it’s other console counterparts released worldwide. As such, the ability to change the language in game was removed as it was only released in that one region, however the assets for the translations hadn’t been removed from the game, just the setting. This save data patch applies the setting to set the language of the game into whatever you desire as only the in-game setting was removed and not the variable setting it.

Download it here.

For a fresh installation:

Step 1: Acquire the base game and/or updates.

Step 2: Boot the game into the main menu once to generate the save data.

Step 3: Google Vita save manager and download the VPK from the first link, also download this patcher.

Step 4: Install save manager, go into it, press the buried stars icon, click backup, then click on the 1st slot and click X.

Step 5: Drag ux0:/data/savegames/PCSH10053/SLOT0/data0000.bin into the "Put Decrypted Savedata Here" folder of this patcher.

Step 6: Double click run.bat, press the number of the language you want, then enter.

Step 7: Close out of the command prompt then drag data0000.bin inside the "Output" folder to ux0:/data/savegames/PCSH10053/SLOT0 and overwrite it.

Step 8: Go back into save manager, press the buried stars icon, press restore, then press on the same slot you backed up and click X.

Step 9: Head into the game, it should now be the language you wanted it to be.

For changing the language after progress has been made in-game:

Step 1: Google Vita save manager and download the VPK from the first link, also download this patcher.

Step 2: Install save manager, go into it, press the buried stars icon, click backup, then click on the 1st slot and click X.

Step 3: Drag ux0:/data/savegames/PCSH10053/SLOT0/data0000.bin into the "Put Decrypted Savedata Here" folder of this patcher.

Step 4: Double click run.bat, press the number of the language you want, then enter.

Step 5: Close out of the command prompt then drag data0000.bin inside the "Output" folder to ux0:/data/savegames/PCSH10053/SLOT0 and overwrite it.

Step 6: Go back into save manager, press the buried stars icon, press restore, then press on the same slot you backed up and click X.

Step 7: Head into the game, it should now be the language you wanted it to be.

eOc9VEE.jpg

IDXAlb2.jpg

Disclaimer:

This game was hastily ported over to the PS Vita. Even on a fresh install without the savegame patch, it doesn't preform well and you should definitely expect lag, long load times etc.

Last edited by FineThenIWill,

clock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I stuck at step 6: Not a valid Buried Stars save file. I'm pretty sure I did boot into the main menu once. Can you help me?

FineThenIWill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for telling me that, I found an error with detecting after updating it recently, I updated the link to patch the bug. You should be able to convert it now, my bad.

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country
for people who wandered upon this and couldn't play access the link cuz bitly is a piece of dogshit which blocks the link for absolutely no reason:
here's the blocked link and thanks to the original poster mega.nz/file/rWBCgLxB#bOB4A6R58EAxNEMaDu0E3WDCuP4eyohLnwBV7VazVAs

Reactions: PortableGuy

FineThenIWill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for people who wandered upon this and couldn't play access the link cuz bitly is a piece of dogshit which blocks the link for absolutely no reason:
here's the blocked link and thanks to the original poster mega.nz/file/rWBCgLxB#bOB4A6R58EAxNEMaDu0E3WDCuP4eyohLnwBV7VazVAs
Didn't know bit.ly had that system in place, sorry about that. I'll change the post to the mega link, thanks for letting me know!

I wonder if the Japanese VA can be ported to replace the Korean one.
From what I recall when I scanned the files it is possible, just would probably be time consuming.

Last edited by Minox,
Reactions: hamohamo

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know bit.ly had that system in place, sorry about that. I'll change the post to the mega link, thanks for letting me know!

From what I recall when I scanned the files it is possible, just would probably be time consuming.
Good to know. Would be really great if someone did it then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock