Homebrew Browserhax is STILL WORKING

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could use a dns that blocks all nintendo websites and severs maybe
This is what I'm thinking. But I heard from one of the users that the 3ds needs to talk to nintendo first before accessing the URL so I'm not sure how far we could go there

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I am not exactly sure what is going on guys, I can browserhax just fine from N3DS,3DS and 2DS in Spain. What am I missing?

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Worked perfectly for me. idk whether mashing the browser button really meant much, but I'm not gonna quit to test it out!
I think the real important bit was the DNS. .065 is the tubehax DNS and it doesn't prevent the problem, I don't think there's any point putting it second. Nice to have a primary DNS to block things properly though!

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not exactly sure what is going on guys, I can browserhax just fine from N3DS,3DS and 2DS in Spain. What am I missing?

If you've been using 107.211.140.165 (tubehax) as your DNS in the last few hours or so, and are on 9.9+, you'll not be affected by this, because the browser wouldn't have been able to contact Nintendo in the first place.

Otherwise, you're on some firmware below 9.9 and aren't affected.

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked perfectly for me. idk whether mashing the browser button really meant much, but I'm not gonna quit to test it out!
I think the real important bit was the DNS. .065 is the tubehax DNS and it doesn't prevent the problem, I don't think there's any point putting it second. Nice to have a primary DNS to block things properly though!
did you use old or new 3ds?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So for confirmation, does this only work on a N3DS?

As far as I can tell, all success stories have been N3DS only. Those mentioning not being affected on O3DS have an old browser that didn't come with 9.9 (highly unlikely, because the only games you can update to 9.9 with come with a ninja dummy browser, and nobody in their right mind would update via sysupdater to 9.9 on sysnand), or old firmware, or have been using 107.211.140.165 as their DNS in the last few hours (which blocks the phone home URL, and if you never successfully connect to it, then you won't get the nag in the first place).

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: JoostinOnline

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell, all success stories have been N3DS only. Those mentioning not being affected on O3DS have an old browser that didn't come with 9.9 (highly unlikely, because the only games you can update to 9.9 with come with a ninja dummy browser, and nobody in their right mind would update via sysupdater to 9.9 on sysnand), or old firmware, or have been using 107.211.140.165 as their DNS in the last few hours (which blocks the phone home URL, and if you never successfully connect to it, then you won't get the nag in the first place).
Well, hopefully smealum or yellows8 finds a new vuln on the 10.2 browser. Until then I guess I'll play OoT and get my lost progress back. :/

Seita

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think anyone's really sure why this workaround is working yet, no (aside from the fact that the N3DS is faster and the OS might have less time to react and such).

This doesn't give your 3ds the chance to send any information before the hax actually loads. That's my opinion, at least.
Unfortunately, o3ds users don't have that speed privilege. I don't have an o3ds on 9.9+ to test things.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
After installing themehax, I decided to open the web browser again at a leisurely pace. The System had been on for about a minute before doing this. Browser worked fine. So I suspect it's entirely about the DNS, speed doesn't really matter. At least for me? (10.1 n3ds EU)
I'm glad really, my power button is far too dodgy to be restarting my 3ds every time I want to enter homebrew (unless there's a different way to trigger homemenuhax? doesn't seem like it? well hey, still good to have it as backup.)

Last edited by ~Poke~,

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing themehax, I decided to open the web browser again at a leisurely pace. The System had been on for about a minute before doing this. Browser worked fine. So I suspect it's entirely about the DNS, speed doesn't really matter. At least for me?
I'm glad really, my power button is far too dodgy to be restarting my 3ds every time I want to enter homebrew (unless there's a different way to trigger homemenuhax? doesn't seem like it? well hey, still good to have it as backup.)
In that case, what are your DNSes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk