Hardware Broken 3d slider, can't get past 3d calibration screen

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 13,089
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
My original 3DS has a broken 3d slider and i can't get past the 3d calibration screen.
The green 3d light also doesn't turn on, is there a way to fix this problem?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

OP
After using 2dsaver, is it possible to update my 3ds regularly over internet or by cart. I'm not sure since it says this on the 2dsaver page
After you fix your 2ds with 2dsaver, it is STRONGLY recommended you update from 2.1 with a previously dumped NAND(min).bin backup of a higher firmware only. CART/internet updating is NOT recommended for new or old 3ds! Users report being stuck on whatever firmware they update to or brick.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After using 2dsaver, is it possible to update my 3ds regularly over internet or by cart. I'm not sure since it says this on the 2dsaver page
This has to do with how A9LH used to work earlier - you had to flash a 2.1 O3DS NAND to get the necessary security code whatever thingy called OTP which ultimately let you install A9LH and of course, in times of 2.1 there was no 2DS, thus leading to those 3D Slider "bricks" that you couldn't get past 3D Slider adjustment on 2DS simply because of the fact that it has none. Since now you don't even need to downgrade anymore, that part of the tutorial can just be skipped I think - just try to use this on your current setup. Then again it says it needs to be below 7.0, so depending on how many YEARS you didn't use your O3DS anymore, you may or may not be out of luck... but then again, you can just try, it's basically your last straw besides getting the slider fixed.

D

Deleted User

OP
This 3DS has also not been modded, does this make any difference when using 2dsaver

D

Deleted User

OP
Have you taken the screen apart to try and fix the slider? It's not difficult, and might just be off track from the switch inside.
I've thought about doing this but i don't really know how, would I need to take the 3ds apart completely or can i just remove the screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 1956 Feet my first shot! lol