Hacking Bricked my 3DS

based05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey quick question but a while ago I was trying to install A9lh on my stock nintendo 3ds original model i can't remember exactly what step went wrong but turns out my device bricked. ( i think it did anyway) right now when I try booting up the console it just boots up to a black screen and nothing else. my question is is this fixable and if so can someone point me the right way for directions on how to save my console

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Normal troubleshooting questions to help figure everything out
1: Do you have the "arm9loaderhax.bin" in the root of the SD card?
2: What did you do leading up to the brick?
3: Can you boot into recovery mode?
4: Do you have your NAND backup(s)?

Last edited by The Catboy,

based05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to provide more info on what you did just before this happened.

It was months ago I really dont remember. I was supposed to install a specific firmware i think and I accidently installed the wrong one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Normal troubleshooting questions to help figure everything out
1: Do you have the "arm9loaderhax.bin" in the root of the SD card?
2: What did you do leading up to the brick?
3: Can you boot into safe mode?
4: Do you have your NAND backup(s)?

How do you boot into safe mode

QUESTION

I have a 2nd that i successfully installed a9lh on if i popped out my sd card from my 2nd and put it in my 3ds would my 3ds boot up. would there be any chance of my sd corrupting and screwing up the a9lh installtion for my 2nd

Last edited by based05,

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Don't know why, but after the people start install A9LH on 11.2,
This problem pop out in the forum (atleast 3 times already).

Well, I need more info but since you mention it yourself that "you can't remember exactly what step went wrong".
Another question, did you create a NAND backup?

based05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, I need more info but since you mention it yourself that "you can't remember exactly what step went wrong".

I think I deleted my back up when i was cleaning my pc up yesterday T_T

QUESTION

I have a 2nd that i successfully installed a9lh on if i popped out my sd card from my 2nd and put it in my 3ds would my 3ds boot up. would there be any chance of my sd corrupting and screwing up the a9lh installtion for my 2nd

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

It's mostly because the method has been boiled down to something so stupid, that even a 10 year old could follow the guide. The issue with that is, now 10 years olds are following the guide poorly. About 98% of these threads are human error, skipping steps, or panicking and not reading further in the guide.
It was months ago I really dont remember. I was supposed to install a specific firmware i think and I accidently installed the wrong one

How do you boot into safe mode
I meant recovery mode.

QUESTION

Test our your old SD card to find out.
https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)
If you don't have a NAND backup and this turns out to be a brick from your SD card, then you are basically boned.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: nechigawara

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

QUESTION

Yes, it's possible that sd corrupting is the cause.
Try booting with while holding A+R+L+Up to enter the safe mode, please.

Reactions: based05

based05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm trying i need an extra hand to have all those buttons pressed and then hit the power button

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT IT WORKED

based05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE IT I HELD THE BUTTON AND MY SYSTEM BOOTED UP IT'S ASKING ME TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET AND UPDATE MY SYSTEM DO I SAY YES

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE IT I HELD THE BUTTON AND MY SYSTEM BOOTED UP IT'S ASKING ME TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET AND UPDATE MY SYSTEM DO I SAY YES
Say yes, you can now downgrade straight from 11.2 to 2.1 and install A9LH from there
3ds.guide

based05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say yes, you can now downgrade straight from 11.2 to 2.1 and install A9LH from there
3ds.guide

i can't believe this. my 3ds has been bricked for like 6+ months i went out and bought a brand new 2ds and installed a9lh on it....., I guess now I will have a modded 3ds. this is so exciting i'm so happy. all i had to do was boot into safe mode im going to cry tears of joy

How is installing a9lh now? does it still take like 10 hours?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i can't believe this. my 3ds has been bricked for like 6+ months i went out and bought a brand new 2ds and installed a9lh on it....., I guess now I will have a modded 3ds. this is so exciting i'm so happy. all i had to do was boot into safe mode im going to cry tears of joy

How is installing a9lh now? does it still take like 10 hours?
It's like 30 minutes at best. I installed A9LH drunk and skipping steps just last week.
Seriously, the process has been slimmed down so much, that it's nearly impossible to fail if you just read the guide. Though I suggest giving a quick read through first, because there are some normal "errors" that will popup and those are covered in the guide
3ds.guide

Reactions: gnmmarechal

based05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like 30 minutes at best. I installed A9LH drunk and skipping steps just last week.
Seriously, the process has been slimmed down so much, that it's nearly impossible to fail if you just read the guide. Though I suggest giving a quick read through first, because there are some normal "errors" that will popup and those are covered in the guide
3ds.guide

wow only 30 minutes? back in my day when i installed it on my 2ds it literally took 10 hours straight working to get it installed.....

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wow only 30 minutes? back in my day when i installed it on my 2ds it literally took 10 hours straight working to get it installed.....
I know right? When I first did it, I had to actually slow down on the drinking to pay attention! Times have changed for the better (and slightly for the worst) in the world of A9LH.

Reactions: proflayton123

based05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know right? When I first did it, I had to actually slow down on the drinking to pay attention! Times have changed for the better (and slightly for the worst) in the world of A9LH.

I'm so happy now I'll be able to play my games in 3d. It's too bad this wasn't a new 3ds though i still can't play xenoblade or the zelda dynasty warriors type game but still im very happy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!