Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
E

exile

they are releasing it first on USA cause of metroid......japan can NEVER get metroid first,it is a rule,and since it is coming with the console(even though it is a demo)....
Actualy, I bet its because of Christmas. Nintendo thinks that instead of a early 05 release, releasing right before christmas will bring a huge raise in sales on this side of the Pacific. Probably, the only real reason for not releasing in Japan simotaniously, if not earlier, is the fact that Japan doesn't have the same shopping rise and they only have a production line large enough to handle 1 major market's sales. Just speculation, but I bet they finished far before they expected to and figured they would hit the big US shopping dates.

PS. I'm not 100% sure about Japan not having the sales raise. I mean, I don't know that much about their culture, but I believe I'm right. If not, tell me. I'll admit te wrong and apologize if so.
That is exactly 100% why. They are going to launch it right before the biggest shopping day of the year in the US. They know exactly what they are doing. It has nothing to do with metroid. It sounds like metroid won't even be ready for launch from the thing I read. It makes it sound like it will be later for sure and the demo is just included with the system. Makes sense really.

Dark_Lord Malik

Proud Pakistani
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I think including a demo of the new Metroid game is a fantastic idea because many people, including myself, are very skeptical on how it will fare, control and gameplay wise. This will give us a chance to see how great or how awful it is.

I doubt I'll be buying this though. If I do it won't be at launch. No i learned my lesson last time with the GBA, buying it at launch, having no good games for a while, and then the SP coming out...
Well i agree with jogily. I will buy it later. I will buy it when the price is enough low........ for me to buy it cuz don`t have much money right now.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Give generously folks!
biggrin.gif
It'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

buyopium.jpg

Regal_Warrior

Oh my god. Its the lord of pie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am so getting this next month, of course that thwarts my plans to get a GBA by the 25th of this month cause now I got to save that for this, man I so badly wanted to see what they were giving us for pokemon at the Toys'R'Us event this weekend

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really would like to buy one of these at launch, like I have every other Nintendo system. However, I think I'm going to save my money for the good GBA/GC games that are coming at the same time, and maybe that revamped model PS2; that way I can play some dirt-cheap platformers and RPG's.

D

Deleted User

I think the assumption is that the new gba games supporting the wireless adapter will work on the DS in multiplayer mode, but the older ones will not be supported.  Sucks for Four Swords as to me that was the only older gba game that had multiplayer that mattered.  Other than that I am happy everything is moving to wireless and fully support it.
lol you can always buy Zelda Four Swords for DS.. when it comes out of course

yes bakhalishta, 150 american dollars. 125€uros in Europe
tongue.gif
We can only HOPE that Zelda - Minish Cap will have a 4 swords multiplayer type thing included that will support the wireless capabilities of the DS - but from a business standpoint that wouldnt make sense because they couold easily sell a seperate DS title as Zelda multiplayer/4swords whatever.

Did 4 Swords for Gamecube sell well? I always wanted to get it, but I really dont have many people to play it with (my friends are not gamers and my girlfriend, well let's say she's only interested in Donkey konga at the moment) - if 4 Swords for Cube didnt sell well, then maybe Nintendo would take that cue and include it as a part of minish cap. just thoughts there, sure would be nice.

Dunno if Im gonna get the DS on launch, but oh boy it looks dope!

D

Deleted User

I just read the summary of Nintendo's conference call over at Game Daily - they only mention the wireless gaming and communicating with DS systems that are "close by" they dont mention anything about interacting with Wireless Hot Spots.

I love the idea that I'll be walking down the street or waiting for the subway or at the airport and the DS willlet me know that another is nearby. BUT what about using wireless hot spots? - sorry, maybe I just have not read enough about this bad boy.

E

exile

well I think the wireless hotspot thing has only been barely mentioned by nintendo as being included and not necessarily mentioned as being supported which is unfortunate. That really is the most interesting feature to me and without it the system is a bust in my eyes. I have too many games to play right now as it is, so I really need a system that can offer something those don't. Being in my mid-20's it is not like I have gamers all around me to lan with or that I likely ever will. Hopefully nintendo will pull their heads out of the asses long enough to see that and at least put the support in. Maybe someone will make a tunneling program if not
smile.gif
hehe, though it would be a huge pain as I have found my gc and xbox one to be. Not horrible, just worse than built in support that is all. We will see I guess. I am sure it will get 3rd party support. The stuff to do it is built in, nintendo has verified that and has been caught mentioning it once or twice, but always going around what it truly means from what I have read.

D

Deleted User

I'm right there with you exile. Being in my mid twenties myself, not too many of my friends continue to play games anymore - as my obsession has only grown. I hope that nintendo doesnt botch this one up, because truly playing on through the net would be fantastic - something with the idea of that pokemon chat room thing in the new GBA games - but just a nintendo chat room where you could chat with other gamers connected wirelessly through the net to find each other and connect for games.

Now I'm no guru with this stuff - but I guess that that would mean that Nintendo would have to maintain servers for this type of thing? Maybe that's why they are tip-toeing around it.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think the assumption is that the new gba games supporting the wireless adapter will work on the DS in multiplayer mode, but the older ones will not be supported.  Sucks for Four Swords as to me that was the only older gba game that had multiplayer that mattered.  Other than that I am happy everything is moving to wireless and fully support it.
lol you can always buy Zelda Four Swords for DS.. when it comes out of course

yes bakhalishta, 150 american dollars. 125€uros in Europe
tongue.gif
We can only HOPE that Zelda - Minish Cap will have a 4 swords multiplayer type thing included that will support the wireless capabilities of the DS - but from a business standpoint that wouldnt make sense because they couold easily sell a seperate DS title as Zelda multiplayer/4swords whatever.

Did 4 Swords for Gamecube sell well? I always wanted to get it, but I really dont have many people to play it with (my friends are not gamers and my girlfriend, well let's say she's only interested in Donkey konga at the moment) - if 4 Swords for Cube didnt sell well, then maybe Nintendo would take that cue and include it as a part of minish cap. just thoughts there, sure would be nice.

Dunno if Im gonna get the DS on launch, but oh boy it looks dope!
It didnt sell that well, but its an amazing game, if you have friends with GBA's of course, if you do, then its a MUST HAVE party game. So bloody funny x_x its really cool
tongue.gif

Xeago

Insert witty phrase here.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GC four swords ROCKS.

My old roomie and I rented it on several occasions. normaily playing it with two people, often with three and occasionly with 4 players. it is the most gorgeous non3d game I have ever seen. hands down.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GC four swords ROCKS.

My old roomie and I rented it on several occasions. normaily playing it with two people, often with three and occasionly with 4 players. it is the most gorgeous non3d game I have ever seen. hands down.
You are lucky you go to college. All my friends from school play Counter-Strike all day, so the only person I can play Multiplayer GCN games with is my little brother.

E

exile

I'm right there with you exile. Being in my mid twenties myself, not too many of my friends continue to play games anymore - as my obsession has only grown. I hope that nintendo doesnt botch this one up, because truly playing on through the net would be fantastic - something with the idea of that pokemon chat room thing in the new GBA games - but just a nintendo chat room where you could chat with other gamers connected wirelessly through the net to find each other and connect for games.

Now I'm no guru with this stuff - but I guess that that would mean that Nintendo would have to maintain servers for this type of thing? Maybe that's why they are tip-toeing around it.
well that is an interesting point. The short of it is no, they would not need to. The long of it is that someone would have to host though, and I am not sure the throughput would be good enough on the unit for that to happen effectively over a wireless connection.

Normally there are a few options.

Sony does it where the user hosts and takes care of everything. Sony does nothing and runs nothing (at least that I am aware of)

Microsoft does it where they act as a middleman (ie. supply a lobby, a meeting place, software, establish the connection, keep the usernames, etc...) but they still don't host anything as far as the game is concerned. That is done on the client side.

The problem is thought that those are true ethernet land connections and not wireless to a handheld. Not to mention the fact that the home consoles have more ram and resources to handle such things. Obviously games on the DS won't be as intense so it may work itself out. But wireless leaves much to be desired unless you are running a G network which is still shakey but a huge improvement. But due to money issues neither nintendo or sony will be running a G network from their handhelds. Assuming the DS could handle it, maybe hosting could occur on both sides. Well it wouldn't truly be "hosting" if that were the case, but whatever the technical term for it would be.

I know that doesn't bring us much closer to an answer but it is an interesting point, and to be honest I am not sure if it has ever been handled on a handheld (interesting how close the two words are) to be honest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not sure how recent hardware it supports though
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows
    where is Juan?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taken by the feet police
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Horny jail?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was a nationwide vote
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2139460/Once_Human/?fbclid=IwY2xjawDXSyhleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHb0aE...