ROM Hack Bravely Second Money Hex Offsets

lightningrodbombom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reposting the offsets from my post in the other thread in case anyone is looking

Unearthly Buns Offsets for each character, just change the values to FF. This sets all statuses for some reason, but that can be dealt with quickly.

Tiz FA77-FB02
Magnolia 10EA-10F3
Yue 122D-1236
Edea 136F-1378
This was the only resource I could find regarding modifying character stats, so I'd like to contribute my findings here.

I'd like to add on to this (I'm on the USA version); my SAV file was only up to 0xE403 in length, so my offsets for Tiz was actually:
Tiz: 0x0FA8 - 0x0FB1

The rest should be the same:
Magnolia: 0x10EA - 0x10F3
Yew: 0x122D - 0x1236
Edea: 0x136F - 0x1378

Using these offsets I could manipulate the characters' stats without afflicting statuses on the team.

I also observed that the difference between the start and end is always the same and upon further testing it appears that changing the values change different stats; this implies that the SAV file does not actually save the number of buns consumed but instead the raw stat increases. Using Tiz as an example:
0x0FA8 (Offset + 0x0): HP
0x0FA9 (Offset + 0x1): No observable effect
0x0FAA (Offset + 0x2): MP
0x0FAB (Offset + 0x3): STR
0x0FAC (Offset + 0x4): No observable effect
0x0FAD (Offset + 0x5): VIT
0x0FAE (Offset + 0x6): INT
0x0FAF (Offset + 0x7): MND
0x0FB0 (Offset + 0x8): AGL
0x0FB1 (Offset + 0x9): DEX

Disclaimer: I haven't extensively tested the other characters' stats so I am not sure if the same applies to them.

Though the game is 8 years old at this point I still hope it's helpful for people who can't grind Ba'als that easily anymore as Square Enix announces the closure of network servers.

Addendum for people who are not familiar with editing sav files: Make a back-up of your save files first. Then, using HxD or some other hex editor, open BDG2GAME<n>.sav, where <n> denotes the save slot. Navigate to the hex offset, and overwrite (not insert) the values there (e.g. from 00 if you've not been eating buns to FF for example to max out the number). Save the new sav file and your characters' stats should be modified.

Last edited by lightningrodbombom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1