Hacking Brand-new Switch and avoiding updates during setup

SirByte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since smhax has become a thing, many people (including yours truly) that were holding off on buying a switch (e.g. in the hopes for a price drop until the release of Mario Odyssee) may want to buy one now in order to be at 3.0.0 or lower.

The problem is that when you set up a swtich, you need to create an account, connect to Nintendo, and thus be confronted with the 3.0.1 update.

Q1: Is there a way to get the Switch "fully operational" (i.e. incl. e-shop accesss) while still remaining on 3.0.0?
Q2: Is there a way, and is it advisable, that should you get a 2.x.x. Switch, to update to 3.0.0 instead of 3.0.1?

SirByte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've set up the switch (no network) and created a User, created a Nintendo Account using a web browser specifically for the switch, but to link the NNID to the created User you need to connect to the Internet. Can this be done without updating? I seem to remember this can be done on 3DS (since you'll have to update trying to access the e-shop anyway, but it might have been the VITA pre the last activation changes Sony did recently).

Another question: do the WiiU.guide DNS servers work for Switch as well?

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've set up the switch (no network) and created a User, created a Nintendo Account using a web browser specifically for the switch, but to link the NNID to the created User you need to connect to the Internet. Can this be done without updating? I seem to remember this can be done on 3DS (since you'll have to update trying to access the e-shop anyway, but it might have been the VITA pre the last activation changes Sony did recently).

Another question: do the WiiU.guide DNS servers work for Switch as well?
Use this DNS to block updates...

https://mobile.twitter.com/daeken/status/847944887504908288

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay