Gaming Bought a Wii U on impulse

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you haven't played shovel knight get that now :) There are a couple of indie games that are good on the e-shop + a good library of Virtual Console games.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
if you haven't played shovel knight get that now :) There are a couple of indie games that are good on the e-shop + a good library of Virtual Console games.
Shantae's another one but the price is a bit steep ($19.99/£15.99).

Here's some screens of Shatae below [by The Great Clement]:

zlCfzS5cR5QdpVu0tk

zlCfzS4t51kD1QECzP

zlCfzSy0SqcNZje3Xg

zlCfzSy0CHkFKJiFkp

Gameplay-wise it's fantastic and er.. that too.

Reactions: Nephiel

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I have the weirdest boner right now. How much was that Shantae whatever game thing on the eShop again?
Fifteeen glorious pounds and nineteen pence.

Without TAX this would've still cost around £13 but the ideal price would have been without a doubt £11.99, although that'd mean Europeans'd be getting it cheaper than Americans. It doesn't happen very often, though.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking forward to the Shantae game but damn, almost £16 for that? Anyways, it's been one week with my Wii U and I do spend an hour every night playing Smash Bros Wii U since I bought it. I still think it's a shame that the Wii U's library doesn't match the 3DS's one in terms of quanitity but I kinda expected that when I bought the Wii U.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I was looking forward to the Shantae game but damn, almost £16 for that? Anyways, it's been one week with my Wii U and I do spend an hour every night playing Smash Bros Wii U since I bought it. I still think it's a shame that the Wii U's library doesn't match the 3DS's one in terms of quanitity but I kinda expected that when I bought the Wii U.

If the developer/publisher released Shantae on disc for around £19.99 I'd buy it for its 'artistic values'.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If the developer/publisher released Shantae on disc for around £19.99 I'd buy it for its 'artistic values'.

Like DuckTales Remastered was released in North America on disc? That's one game I'd actually have bought for a bit more than £20. Capcom's stupid for not releasing the game in Europe, though. (And it seems all the hype has died down long ago. Nobody seems to care about DuckTales anymore, which is a shame since the remaster is very well done!)

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
CPU and GPU power, more RAM = nothing. It doesn't add anything to any game. A shit game with more bumps, particules and better physics is still shit. Straight line - cut scene - straight line then cut scenes again, where is the fun in that ?

Pip'

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
CPU and GPU power, more RAM = nothing. It doesn't add anything to any game. A shit game with more bumps, particules and better physics is still shit. Straight line - cut scene - straight line then cut scenes again, where is the fun in that ?

Pip'

You have to agree though that limited hardware resources also limit what a good developer can do with the system. Given more resources developers can achieve better results, in graphical quality and otherwise. A crappy game will always be a crappy game, but a good game limited by hardware can be a mediocre game. We're just learning that games like Xenoblade X barely fit on the Wii U optical disc (25GB), so we have to wonder just how much did the developers have to cut down on content and compress the graphics and audio to make the game fit? Source: Xenoblade Chronicles X is so Sizeable That It Almost Needed More Than One Disc

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
You have to agree though that limited hardware resources also limit what a good developer can do with the system. Given more resources developers can achieve better results, in graphical quality and otherwise. A crappy game will always be a crappy game, but a good game limited by hardware can be a mediocre game. We're just learning that games like Xenoblade X barely fit on the Wii U optical disc (25GB), so we have to wonder just how much did the developers have to cut down on content and compress the graphics and audio to make the game fit? Source: Xenoblade Chronicles X is so Sizeable That It Almost Needed More Than One Disc
Like you said, even if they cut down audio or cut down textures, doesn't mean the gameplay will be bad, right ?

Pip'

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Like you said, even if they cut down audio or cut down textures, doesn't mean the gameplay will be bad, right ?

Pip'

If you're going down that route I have two examples for you: Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 vs. PS3 HD remaster and Monster Hunter Tri Wii vs. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U.

Would you take lesser audio quality, cut down textures, slower framerate? These affect gameplay. Being able to hear audio cues properly, being able to discern far objects, being able to see everything when there's quick action all account to the gameplay experience.

Gameplay is only as good as the elements around it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Pip'

Not for the Wii U version of Watch Dogs which I must say, is rather unsatisfactory, by this I mean the driving gameplay is total ass and the sound effects are beyond delayed. Ubisoft shouldn't have bothered to release it at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive