Gaming BOTW withdrawal symptoms

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda has literally the same ending over and over. So i don't get why you're complaining about hzd. Not that i am bitching about botw but i just don't get the point ur making about an ending while every new zelda game you get is you progress towards ganon, defeat him and save Zelda and Hyrule. You know who the characters are and what is gonna happen so it is entirely the same

i guess its all about the journey, for all games... but i sampled HZD after botw and it didnt seem to play right. im the kind of person that believes with so much power why not improve the mechanics and Ai in video games, but the developers just use the power to pack as many textures and pixels as they can

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i guess its all about the journey, for all games... but i sampled HZD after botw and it didnt seem to play right. im the kind of person that believes with so much power why not improve the mechanics and Ai in video games, but the developers just use the power to pack as many textures and pixels as they can
Well i don't agree completely, i'm one of the few that doesn't like BOTW and find the older Zelda titles a lot more fun. I find botw quite empty and downgraded to suit more people. Less story, less puzzles, not as dark toned, no more dungeons and way easier. But that's my opinion and i know sadly not a lot have that opinion so future wise we'll be seeing more BOTW like Zelda games sadly

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i don't agree completely, i'm one of the few that doesn't like BOTW and find the older Zelda titles a lot more fun. I find botw quite empty and downgraded to suit more people. Less story, less puzzles, not as dark toned, no more dungeons and way easier. But that's my opinion and i know sadly not a lot have that opinion so future wise we'll be seeing more BOTW like Zelda games sadly

i didnt like the dungeons either and the combat isnt as intuitive as other games, but skyward sword was horrible and twilight princess and windwaker were empty. my favorite zeldas are the top down ones, with zelda2 being my no 1.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i didnt like the dungeons either and the combat isnt as intuitive as other games, but skyward sword was horrible and twilight princess and windwaker were empty. my favorite zeldas are the top down ones, with zelda2 being my no 1.
Yeah minish cap, the gameboy colour ones, the N64 ones were all great

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man windwaker was funnnn soundtrack superb. Characters were lively and funny.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm feeling BotW withdrawal, too. Ah, but there's so many other games I could be playing...! I haven't done Master Mode yet, so I think that's next. Fantastic game that I could easily see myself returning to a long time from now to experience it all again. You can never play a great game again for the first time, but playing it after a long time can feel almost as great.

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You find that fallout lacks any charm but prefer an empty world above a crowded world. Weird taste if you tell me. There are plenty open world games that have the same charm while being more crowded. Kingdom come and deliverance, fallout, horizon zero dawn, the witcher 3, westerado, mount and blade, monster hunter, xenoblade, dragon age, Shenmue 1,2, Yakuza etc …...

this sums up my feelings on fallout

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yup dont see them as indie devs either but their critique of fallout is what i was interested in....
Well story wise i agree with their points but the games he is talking about are more linear then open world tho. Played all of those games 2 but i don't agree with the comparison he makes with fallout seeing as the games he mentions are more linear and fallout ain't

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So i completed BOTW a couple of months ago but I have the longing for a game which has the tranquility yet excitement of exploration like BOTW.

Its the first game where i remember in the first few hours even just learning i can cut down a freaking tree, and pick up the apples, cook them etc. was.... well enjoyable? whilst riding my horse aimlessly trying to explore, finding caves, throwing bombs in places to uncover secrets etc.

Do any other games match up to this?

I've played games from bethesda like fall out 3 and they COMPLETELY lack any charm unlike BOTW. BOTW's world felt... right. It felt beautiful. the OST was amazing, the sound effects convincing... im struggling to find games which match it ?
Play Super Mario Odyssey. Completely different sort of game but it does have beautiful and varied worlds and I really like it. Best Mario game since Sunshine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc