Gaming BotW just got stuck in ceiling

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Alot less noticeable glitches if any were present in older games.

Less noticeable glitches, like being able to warp anywhere in the game by abusing the menu, jump across any gap, crash the game in multiple ways, get stuck in walls, have enemy graphics be replaced with NPC ones, execute custom code over the printer link... just to name a few.

Yep. Not noticeable at all.

Reactions: Quantumcat

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Alot less noticeable glitches if any were present in older games.
They actually hired beta testers to ensure that for 99% of people no issues would be seen.
You guys can live in a delusional fan boy state all you want, quality control now days is forcing the end user to report even the most blaring issues. They do minimal to no testing now, as opposed to back then when they hired beta testers to spend hours on end making sure the end users would get a quality game with no or a few really obscure hard to find bugs.
What? Glitches were used as exploits to cheat all the time back in the day. They even made a game of it, like alttp had a secret room if you managed to get to an offmap area. There were countless game breaking issues. You not remember having to force reset the old consoles? The systems even had a damn button for it. If anything, theyve gotten better at solving these issues.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a Bokoblin stuck in a rock/hill once, was very funny...

I could target beneath my feet but cannot find an opening below, used a spear and killed him between the rocks...his health bar remained on screen though even when I traveled miles away from him I could still see his health bar at 0?

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that any kind of glitch is considered regular to you outlines the problem.
Nintendo doesn't properly vet their products anymore.
They let the end users get faulty games/devices and then say it's the end users fault when the problems are pointed out.

Beta testing used to be a job, people would spend hours trying to break games so when you finally got said game, IT WORKED! Now, companies expect early adopters to do the beta testing, while paying for the "privilege."

Yep, because getting people to beta-test a huge open world game for every little glitch(which would take countless hours) is completely reasonable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat