Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Beta testing used to be a job, people would spend hours trying to break games so when you finally got said game, IT WORKED! Now, companies expect early adopters to do the beta testing, while paying for the "privilege."

You shouldn't be forced to see these glitches unless you are a paid beta tester. Nintendo charged you guys way too much for all the FPS/Joycon/Clipping/Warping/DockScratching issues you early adopters are experiencing.
Says the guy who is supposedly fine with the constant visual/audio glitches that occur in this game with an emulator...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I have none of these issues.
One of us should make a thread, "I got a Switch and nothing is wrong with it!".

Then watch as people say, "then why did you make a thread?".

I would answer, "The same reason why a person with a defective unit would: just want to tell my universal this-must-be-happening-to-everyone story".

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States

I would answer, "The same reason why a person with a defective unit would: just want to tell my universal this-must-be-happening-to-everyone story".
It's become such a common topic it's hard to get some people to believe I don't have to resync my left joy con or have a scratched screen. These arent common problems it just seems that way. Lol

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
It's become such a common topic it's hard to get some people to believe I don't have to resync my left joy con or have a scratched screen. These arent common problems it just seems that way. Lol

People made it sound as if every dock is bent, my screen hasn't scratched in a month without a screen protector. Self selection bias.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would really love that thread. This is just the same with me. No problems with wifi, nither joy con, or scratches, or something like this.
I just can play as I expect without problems. The funny thing is when people say they have this issues, I belive them (I don't have reasons to think thay may lie to me), but when I say I don't, then I become the most liar of them all. It just really creeps me out.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Literally MOST people DO NOT have any of those issues. That's why I'm tired of hearing all of the fucking idiotic, "Many users claiming switch warping" or "Users reporting scratched switch due to dock" - The fucking stupid news sites (N4G, etc.) make them seem like widespread issues, when they're really REALLY rare and some of them circumstantial.

And then God forbid, we have these fucking ignorant asshole fanboy kiddos bashing the Switch for these "widespread" issues...

Reactions: slingblade1170

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Beta testing used to be a job, people would spend hours trying to break games so when you finally got said game, IT WORKED! Now, companies expect early adopters to do the beta testing, while paying for the "privilege."

Video games have gotten a lot bigger since the Game Boy, see. The amount of effort beta testers put in those days would be trivial today.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fun finding glitches anyway. Remember the glitch where you could pull the N64 cartridge out a little and get past Mido in OoT without the sword and shield? Or you could get out of the fishing hole with the rod and mount Epona, then something happened I don't remember what. Anyway point is, a few glitches here and there make the game even more fun and interesting.
Hadn't heard about that one, I'll try that out later!

Also, funny glitch OP, hopefully you don't get stuck anywhere else.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says the guy who is supposedly fine with the constant visual/audio glitches that occur in this game with an emulator...
I finished the game as far as I'm concerned. It was a bad zelda game just like all the 3d zelda games I've played. It is no longer wasting my SSD's space.
You guys are paying to have glitches/issues. I wasn't. Big diff.
When you pay for something, you should have a expectation of quality, clearly you guys are ok with paying for defects/glitches/issues. If you don't care, more power to you, Could I sell you my garbage?

Last edited by AlexanderLS,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I finished the game as far as I'm concerned. It was a bad zelda game just like all the 3d zelda games I've played. It is no longer wasting my SSD's space.
When you pay for something, you should have a expectation of quality, clearly you guys are ok with paying for defects/glitches/issues. If you don't care, more power to you, Could I sell you my garbage?
I haven't encountered a single bug in 30+ hours of play. Stop smoking crack.

It's not like I bought Mass Effect Andromeda. That's probably somehow your favorite game, though.

Last edited by Xzi,

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amusing minor glitch. Of course it shouldn't be in a finished product, but the quality of this port overall was poor, so it was to be expected.

What good does complaining about the switch without giving it a try do? It's just as pointless as making a thread questioning if people regret their purchase of a switch because a WiiU game was emulated. The people in this thread (and generally the board) aren't asking if they should get a switch or not. And if they are, that's where you should be. Not here, where a glitch was reported more as a sign of amusement.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not here, where a glitch was reported more as a sign of amusement.
Yes, because fps drops and glitches are so amusing to you console peasants...

It's not like I bought Mass Effect Andromeda. That's probably somehow your favorite game, though.
Nope, like most sane adults I don't pre order or buy products/games until they have proven themselves to be quality.
I'm not an impatient child that needs to have the newest games/consoles as soon as they come out. I can wait.

Last edited by AlexanderLS, , Reason: Minor typeo correction.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, because fps drops and glitches are so amusing to you console peasants...

Glitches are found everywhere, you irate elitist. And you can't seem to grasp that BotW is a terrible port of a WiiU game. Seriously, why don't you go somewhere where your opinion can actually make a difference? There's constructive criticism (or even destructive criticism) and then there's people like you who take every chance to bash nintendo (and apparently consoles in general in your case) when it's almost entirely irrelevant.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Welcome to Nintendo's post GameBoy Era.
You are a beta tester for their first gen Switch. Just like o3ds users were beta testing the first version of the 3ds. Nintendo no longer makes consoles/games that simply work, they prefer to cheap out as much as possible at the expense of play-ability to end users.

You, sir, obviously know nothing about games. And since I guess you are just trolling, I'm not even willing to waste time proving you wrong as others already did. You still gave me a nice laugh, so you got that going for you.

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Welcome to Nintendo's post GameBoy Era.
You are a beta tester for their first gen Switch. Just like o3ds users were beta testing the first version of the 3ds. Nintendo no longer makes consoles/games that simply work, they prefer to cheap out as much as possible at the expense of play-ability to end users.

Oh sweet god, please tell me this discussion's not real.

What, like, the GameBoy games didn't have any glitches? Please. You can get stuck in Link's Awakening because of a level design fail.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alot less noticeable glitches if any were present in older games.
They actually hired beta testers to ensure that for 99% of people no issues would be seen.
You guys can live in a delusional fan boy state all you want, quality control now days is forcing the end user to report even the most blaring issues. They do minimal to no testing now, as opposed to back then when they hired beta testers to spend hours on end making sure the end users would get a quality game with no or a few really obscure hard to find bugs.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed Unity, EA/Bioware with Mass Effect Andromeda, Hello Games with No Man's Sky, From Software and the Dark Souls 3 PC port, and so forth. QC may be terrible with nintendo, but it's not limited exclusively to it. I don't know why your beef is with them over a rather bad WiiU port that a tremendously large number of people, regardless of how they would score it in a review, still enjoyed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.