Gaming BotW frame rate drops nausiating

wolfmankurd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else getting this? I'm currently playing it with the disc (I did have it installed to USB but that was even worse).

Whenever I'm in a busy situation, big village with particle effects like blood moon, or in a devine beast the choppy frame rate makes me feel like I'm on a rollercoaster.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Does anyone know if the switch version is as bad?

Just had a go at one of the devine beasts and really had to call it quits midboss fight because of this.

I was worried it was a heat issue/graphics throttling but the wiiu stays cool and ventilation/fans don't seem to help.

Last edited by wolfmankurd,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyone else getting this? I'm currently playing it with the disc (I did have it installed to USB but that was even worse).

Whenever I'm in a busy situation, big village with particle effects like blood moon, or in a devine beast the choppy frame rate makes me feel like I'm on a rollercoaster.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Does anyone know if the switch version is as bad?
Yup, it's a known issue.
The latest couple of updates are supposed to improve it, but I don't think it's 100% fixed. The Wii U just isn't powerful enough. The Switch version has the same problem but in different spots.

wolfmankurd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, you literally quit a boss because of that?
Is it worse than Perfect Dark N64 framerate issues?

I don't know if I'm more sensitive, I've never even had motion sickness, but when I'm turning and the frame rate changes sporadically it just makes my stomach turn. I played perfect dark for hours back in the day, goldeneye too, never had any issues with their obvious performance issues. Think it's that I can't predict when it will happen, or maybe playing on a big screen?

Yup, it's a known issue.
The latest couple of updates are supposed to improve it, but I don't think it's 100% fixed. The Wii U just isn't powerful enough. The Switch version has the same problem but in different spots.

I didn't really play until the first performance patch but it can't have done much.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I'm more sensitive, I've never even had motion sickness, but when I'm turning and the frame rate changes sporadically it just makes my stomach turn. I played perfect dark for hours back in the day, goldeneye too, never had any issues with their obvious performance issues. Think it's that I can't predict when it will happen, or maybe playing on a big screen?

I didn't really play until the first performance patch but it can't have done much.

Lucky. N64 games made me sick as f***. Perfect Dark was the worst. I could only play it in about 10 minute intervals. Other games, like Wave Runner, were fine for 30 minutes to an hour. But all video games make me sick to a degree, so meh.

wolfmankurd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lucky. N64 games made me sick as f***. Perfect Dark was the worst. I could only play it in about 10 minute intervals. Other games, like Wave Runner, were fine for 30 minutes to an hour. But all video games make me sick to a degree, so meh.

Nothing has made me feel like this since I stopped playing my 3DS in 3D.

Reactions: OrGoN3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.