Borderlands 3 announced, developer trailer shows off footage

Gearbox has finally announced Borderlands 3. A nearly four minute trailer gives us our very first look at the game, some characters, the graphics, and more. Gearbox hasn't revealed the platform or release date of the game, but they're again promising more information at a later date: April 3rd. The last Borderlands game prior to this was The Pre-Sequel, which launched all the way back in 2014.

Also announced at PAX East was Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, which will launch on the above date, and is the original game with visual upgrades and all DLC included.

Earlier today, developer Gearbox Software, in partnership with publisher 2K, officially kicked off “The Year of Borderlands” by confirming Borderlands 3 during its panel at PAX East and debuting the very first gameplay footage in an extended trailer for the long-awaited continuation of the blockbuster franchise.

Also during the panel, Gearbox announced:

• A brand new remastered edition of the original Borderlands called Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition will launch on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on April 3.
  • A free Ultra HD Texture Pack for Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on consoles, as well as Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 2 on PC, will also launch April 3.
  • All Borderlands 2 DLC will be added to Borderlands 2 VR for PlayStation VR for free this summer.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC"

Don't hold your breath, expect Gearbox to treat Switch users like garbage.

Switch is getting Bulletstorm instead:

D2w97j_XgAEELwh.jpg

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think anyone does? It wasn't a whole lot of fun, and it's a weird game to bring back. Surely a port of the original Borderlands would have made more sense.
I don't think anyone does? It wasn't a whole lot of fun, and it's a weird game to bring back. Surely a port of the original Borderlands would have made more sense.
Bulletstorm was one of the best shooters on ps3 and anyone who hasn't pld it and has a switch the majority of gamers wil luv it

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remake of the first game with features from BL2/Pre-sequel next and BL3 announced for the future.

Today was a damn fine day.

Oh...and I guess VR gets DLC....but who honestly cared....

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best thing... No battle royal:evil:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should i buy it on release date?, or wait for the game of the year addition with all the DLC?
play all other games... and than buy it :) ... keeps u entertaind a lot trust me

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When asked about VR support they didn't say no. "We actually have some more information with VR but we'll hold that off for a later date."

Would be absolutely mind-blowing if this was VR/flatscreen co-op from the start, like the update coming to No Man's Sky.

Reactions: Bernhard

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When asked about VR support they didn't say no. "We actually have some more information with VR but we'll hold that off for a later date."

Would be absolutely mind-blowing if this was VR/flatscreen co-op from the start, like the update coming to No Man's Sky.
would dust off my Oculus for this tbh

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
People still use those?
Not a lot, there are plenty of newer/updated VR HMDs. Valve might even be entering that hardware space soon, but you know how Valve Time™ is. We should at least be hearing about a release date for their knuckles controllers this year, if nothing else.

Reactions: renjiVII

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next