Hacking Booting CFW successfully

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you had it setup for awhile I assume that you have BBM installed. So no need hold L anymore.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good news. I think I could have a solution to fix the CFW (only the boot, not the problems to connect to LAN in CTRsrv mode).

At the moment I have a version that seems a little more stable: it works about 2 timen on 3 (tryed 12 times in a row, 8 successful, 2 failed hanging, 1 rebooted but menu did not started). It's only fortune? Who knows.

I will install it on the two 3DS of my kids to have a better test in the next days.

But if I'm right I think I could reach almost 100% of success rewriting the redirected interrupt handler. Before the end of this month I will release what I obtained, or I'll report a failure :lol:.

Stay tuned and cross fingers.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My US 4.2 3DS if going fine with the modded file. Never had a such success ratio starting the CFW.

But my boy this morning tried 3 times it with his EU 4.5 and none worked. Waiting to have more feedback when he cames back from school.

I'm widening the number of tester to have a better statistic.

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
My US 4.2 3DS if going fine with the modded file. Never had a such success ratio starting the CFW.

But my boy this morning tried 3 times it with his EU 4.5 and none worked. Waiting to have more feedback when he cames back from school.

I'm widening the number of tester to have a better statistic.

if successful, will you implement this to your PBT-CFW?

Reactions: Margen67

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a interesting development but not too much of an issue nowadays as I just boot the kids 3ds in the morning and they just leave it on sleep mode the whole day. We only turn those with cfw off at night to avoid the booting issue. But even with that the booting is not much of an issue since we moved to class 10 cards. At most it takes up to 4 times to boot but some days we get lucky and it boots on 1st or 2nd try.

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This is a interesting development but not too much of an issue nowadays as I just boot the kids 3ds in the morning and they just leave it on sleep mode the whole day. We only turn those with cfw off at night to avoid the booting issue. But even with that the booting is not much of an issue since we moved to class 10 cards. At most it takes up to 4 times to boot but some days we get lucky and it boots on 1st or 2nd try.
booting successfully becomes a-HUGE-pain-in-tha-as* when you need to develop or test new exploits/cias/homebrews, because they tend to freeze the system multiple times in a row...

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a normal 4gb sd, it looks like with low reading speed because the menu loads after 2/3 seconds and for cfw its strange because mine runs after 2 tries, maybe luck?
Anyways i have no problem with that, im patient to restart 3ds till the cfw runs.
Right now im stuck, i cant send devmenu because my desktop doesnt have wifi adapter, it seems like there isnt another solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ...