Homebrew boot9strap 1.2 is out.....

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought installing Boot9Strap in the first place was supposed to make it easy to install future Luma updates. Shows what I know. (Shows what I was told when the damn thing was first released.)

Fine. ANOTHER complicated installation then. I'll be in the corner, pouting.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i got a message saying "a error occur if you believe this is human error contact XXXX " stuff on the bottom screen. I don't think a file was made on my sd card if that what you mean by crash dump.
Well, I replaced the boot.3dsx with the one from the new hbmenu, it loaded, but then gave an error.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I replaced the boot.3dsx with the one from the new hbmenu, it loaded, but then gave an error.
Yeah, i was told to use 2.0.0 boot.3dsx cause it works with luma 8.0 that when i get the error that it didn't work. Before i tried it just say some hex code and say press button to shut down. Now it just won't even activate the patch.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i was told to use 2.0.0 boot.3dsx cause it works with luma 8.0 that when i get the error that it didn't work. Before i tried it just say some hex code and say press button to shut down. Now it just won't even activate the patch.
Which is a shame. I'll open an issue on the ctr-httpwn page in hopes of an answer.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Kyubnyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought installing Boot9Strap in the first place was supposed to make it easy to install future Luma updates. Shows what I know. (Shows what I was told when the damn thing was first released.)

Fine. ANOTHER complicated installation then. I'll be in the corner, pouting.
Boo hoo, it isn't a complicated installation. And what made you think installing B9S would make installing newer luma versions stupidly easy? It makes it possible to use future Luma versions. Seriously, it was just released, of course there will be fucking updates to B9S.

Last edited by Kyubnyan,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is a shame. I'll open an issue on the ctr-httpwn page in hopes of an answer.
Okay then, good to know. Maybe i should check for more homebrew incompatibilities, though is the only one i used with homebrew launcher.

Update, DSP dumper doesn't work.
Failed: Need to run using *Hax 2.0+
Wonder what this mean?:ninja:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boo boo, it isn't a complicated installation. And what made you think installing B9S would make installing newer luma versions stupidly easy? It makes it possible to use future Luma versions. Seriously, it was just released, of course there will be fucking updates to B9S.

Yeah, I kinda did think that! Maybe that wasn't the impression the developers were hoping to give, but it's certainly the impression I got. And I sure as heck don't like having to take a screwdriver to my 3DS every time there's a new update.

Anyway. It doesn't matter because I'm stuck at Section II.
  1. Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
  2. Launch SafeB9SInstaller by pressing (A)
Question... where? Rebooting with Start takes me to GodMode9. Pressing A does NOT launch SafeB9SInstaller, nor do I see that option. Running the app from the Homebrew Browser results in a red screen and a return to the HB menu. I've followed the steps in Section I, and double-checked to make sure all the files are where they're supposed to be. Is there a missing step here? Because I've done everything requested, and have been rewarded with nothing. It's annoying. How do I run SafeB9SInstaller?

Kyubnyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I kinda did think that! Maybe that wasn't the impression the developers were hoping to give, but it's certainly the impression I got. And I sure as heck don't like having to take a screwdriver to my 3DS every time there's a new update.

Anyway. It doesn't matter because I'm stuck at Section II.
  1. Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
  2. Launch SafeB9SInstaller by pressing (A)
Question... where? Rebooting with Start takes me to GodMode9. Pressing A does NOT launch SafeB9SInstaller, nor do I see that option. Running the app from the Homebrew Browser results in a red screen and a return to the HB menu. I've followed the steps in Section I, and double-checked to make sure all the files are where they're supposed to be. Is there a missing step here? Because I've done everything requested, and have been rewarded with nothing. It's annoying. How do I run SafeB9SInstaller?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Have you tried, oh I don't know, removing gm9 while doing it?

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the instructions. The instructions mentioned nothing about removing files. Okay, I'll bite. Which files specifically?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay then, good to know. Maybe i should check for more homebrew incompatibilities, though is the only one i used with homebrew launcher.

Update, DSP dumper doesn't work.

Wonder what this mean?:ninja:

https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn/issues/74. Try launching ctr-httpwn again, then try opening the eShop. It actually still works, despite the error as I just launched the eShop on 11.3 without the update nag.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I've got in the SD card:

F:luma/payloads

GodMode9.firm
SafeB9SInstaller.firm

That's it. Removing GodMode9.firm doesn't force it to run SafeB9SInstaller.firm instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This is why I can't have powers.... I would instantly exploit them breaking reality lol