Boot2vWii vs eVwii, does the same thing?

KeinesR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm reading about these two aroma plugins, if i'm not wrong, they both do the same thing? maybe i'm not clear enough.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boot2vwii transfers you from one forwarder to another, then to the sd card. it's basically hbl2hbc. isn't eVwii something to enhance video fidelity on the vwii?

KeinesR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
boot2vwii transfers you from one forwarder to another, then to the sd card. it's basically hbl2hbc. isn't eVwii something to enhance video fidelity on the vwii?
Oh, yeah, my bad. I meant because of the 480p "patch" of boot2wii.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm interested in this too. It seems that you can "FORCE" with a line of code 480p or 720p? Does that just cover the TV? Cause I thought the Gamepad was only able to get up to 480p. But putting that aside. Wouldn't it be better to let evWii upscale for you since it can (magically and amazingly) upscale to 1080p? To my understnding upscaling 720p to 1080p looks pretty bad. But I might be worng.

LexDG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I understand it, evwii tells your SYSTEM the max resolution to scale (stretch OR shrink, up OR down sample) EVERYTHING to by “lying” about your tvs max resolution.

Boot2vwii tells the PROGRAM to give the system a specific resolution to work with without regard for the TVs native or max resolution. If evwii is used TOO, that program will then be scaled FIRST to whatever the system thinks the TVs resolution is and THEN by your tv if it doesn’t match its ACTUAL resolution 1:1

erster_schlumpf

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you please help me then, because I don't understand exactly, how to use evwii ans boot2vwii togehter.
Do I understand CheatFreak47 in another post correctly that the following settings need to be made to produce the "best" vWii output:
  1. evWii: TV Viewport Width/Height to 704x480
  2. boot vWii via boot2vWii with 720p/1080p
  3. USBLoader: eflicker set to Off (Extended) and Video Width set to Auto
My Questions are:

1. Did I understand these settings right?
  2. Are these settings the best?
  3. to 2. Why should I force 720p or 1080p (this is the standard upscaling) - Couldn't I then simply do without boot2vwii?
  4. to 2. What is better: 720p or 1080p?
  5. to 2. How exactly do you do this?
Many thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol