Emulation Boost FPS on Good GPU but mediocre CPU rig?

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a GTX 960, and a AMD X4 860k. The CPU does wonders for modern gaming but sucks at emulating. I can manage to get 47 to 55 fps in a normal match of Mario Kart 8, but I just can't get that smooth 60fps. Downloading a shader cache only lowered my FPS. Can somebody help with boosting my frames on this rig, besides OC'ing and "get a new pc lowls"

PPN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try to overclock your CPU to 4.4GHz at 1,475V. (If you have decent cooling).
This should improve things a bit, but don't expect magic.

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody help with boosting my frames on this rig, besides OC'ing

Try to overclock your CPU
Come on PPN.

DutchyDutch You can try enabling "Treaded Optimization" in nvidia control panel for CEMU. Used to work a treat for me prior to 1.7.2c. Performance was improved enough in the emulator that it doesn't really help me any more but you have more of a cpu bottle neck then I do.

PPN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Come on PPN.

DutchyDutch You can try enabling "Treaded Optimization" in nvidia control panel for CEMU. Used to work a treat for me prior to 1.7.2c. Performance was improved enough in the emulator that it doesn't really help me any more but you have more of a cpu bottle neck then I do.
Why not?

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on PPN! Maybe you should re read OP's post. Or just re read the quotes from my post.

Ok, I'll spoil it for you. OP specifically asked for suggestions to increase his FPS without overclocking. Your suggestion was to overclock. Granted the only way to boost raw cpu performance is to overclock OP isn't able/willing to do it and asked for Other means of increasing Cemu performance.

Reactions: PPN

Molhel

Westworld Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow I really think a vcore that high is really unsafe for the volcano that is an AMD product. I would not suggest it, but also not suggest it because not everyone's OCs will be the same and telling someone to copy your own or someone else's OC is a bad suggestion.

Anyway OP:

The problem with AMD cpus is that, while they have more cores, their performance per core is considerably weaker than Intel. Short of overclocking it, you probably won't see any more improvements until the emulator ages a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...