Homebrew Homebrew app Bloopair: Connect Controllers from other Consoles natively

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about playing GameCube games with the Bluetooth controller? Mine disconnects when I boot a Wii/GC title.
afaik, you have to use fakemote. bloopair can't be used with cube or wii games. I know you can use at least the pro controller by default with cube games. other than that, I think fakemote is your only option.

Reactions: trogdon and Chary

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How would I go about playing GameCube games with the Bluetooth controller? Mine disconnects when I boot a Wii/GC title.
Bloopair only works on the Wii U side, not in the vWii.
Nintendont itself supports some Bluetooth controllers and USB controllers though.
afaik, you have to use fakemote. bloopair can't be used with cube or wii games. I know you can use at least the pro controller by default with cube games. other than that, I think fakemote is your only option.
Fakemote doesn't support Bluetooth. I'm also not sure if it works with Nintendont?

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,
Reactions: Chary and godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to connect my Xbox One X controller to it??
I know that works, since I've connected my xbone x controller to it. not sure what the problem is. though, I have a lot of disconnects with the dual sense. I tested the controller, since it's new, on my ps5 (been playing tales of arise with it), and it never disconnects, so I know it's not the controller. no other controller, including the xbone x controller, disconnects, so I have no idea what's happening.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this has already been addressed, but another topic here got me thinking, would it be possible for bloopair to recognize a Switch Pro Controller as a sideways held Wiimote instead of as a Wii U Pro Controller, and then be able to utilize the Switch pro controller's gyro in a similar means that the Wiimote could be tilted for motion controls? The goal here would be to get players 2-4 in Mario Kart 8 the option to have motion controls with a controller more comfortable than a Wiimote.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I apologize if this has already been addressed, but another topic here got me thinking, would it be possible for bloopair to recognize a Switch Pro Controller as a sideways held Wiimote instead of as a Wii U Pro Controller, and then be able to utilize the Switch pro controller's gyro in a similar means that the Wiimote could be tilted for motion controls? The goal here would be to get players 2-4 in Mario Kart 8 the option to have motion controls with a controller more comfortable than a Wiimote.
In theory that would be possible, but bloopair only emulates pro controllers at the moment.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, Is there no way bloopair could allow the connection of a PS1/PS2 controller with usb adapter?
The goal would be to be able to connect any kind of controller to the wii that means also wired ones.
I have many controllers, some I have bought in car boot sales...I've tried to connect a ps3 controller I bought, it doesn't work despite I have tiramisu now and that it pairs with the controller, it there a way bloopair could confirm my controllers are fake or not?

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unsuccessfully. Console freezes when opening the app.
What do you mean by "when opening the app"? If you have Tiramisu Bloopair will automatically run on startup.
You only need to open the pairing app to pair a DS3. If you're trying to pair a DS3, try launching the pairing menu through the HBL with the Mii Maker instead of the channel.

Reactions: _Vinny_

_Vinny_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do you mean by "when opening the app"? If you have Tiramisu Bloopair will automatically run on startup.
You only need to open the pairing app to pair a DS3. If you're trying to pair a DS3, try launching the pairing menu through the HBL with the Mii Maker instead of the channel.
Okay, my controller is the Xbox One S vesion , it's on the supported list. The app is in the latest version and I installed Tiramisu on the day I mentioned the problem above. Still, the control is not paired.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, my controller is the Xbox One S vesion , it's on the supported list. The app is in the latest version and I installed Tiramisu on the day I mentioned the problem above. Still, the control is not paired.
If it's on the latest firmware version it doesn't work.
Take a look here or here on how to downgrade.

Reactions: _Vinny_ and cvskid

Sant0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@GaryOderNichts Hi. An option to swap A/B and X/Y button mapping would be great for xbox controllers.

May be an editable config file. Or holding a key combo to hotswap. Just my thoughts. You know the feeling when the game asked to press A to enter but have to press B instead, right?😅

Last edited by Sant0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu