The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Nanobots! Yay!

I'm not very familiar with the comic this is based on (from the name alone I can deduce that it was created in the 90s, probably by Rob Liefeld, but not much else).
From what I've read about it the movie strays from the origin/identity of the main character, but that's the beauty of altered memory plots: you can always reveal another "identity" as the "true" one for yet another shocking tweest, and it's possible they've done just that in the movie.

Could be fun.

I hope they don't do to this what they've done to Babylon AD.

Remains to be seen.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Moar nanobots!

Wolverine problem here. The character is literally indestructible, so there's absolutely no suspense.
I wonder how they'll try to make it work.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah.
No looking at that social standing to keep, no lover to avenge, no learning to be human. I doubt they will have a meaningful asserting free will plot.

Might skip it and finally get around to watching hardcore henry.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah.
No looking at that social standing to keep, no lover to avenge, no learning to be human. I doubt they will have a meaningful asserting free will plot.
I didn't even mean in terms of the plot (an outline of a possible plot is already there but this type of film doesn't need much of a plot let alone anything as sophisticated as "character growth"), but in terms of stakes involved. What is the real danger to the protagonist once he decides to go rogue, if he's shown to be entirely indestructible? We won't fear for his life or safety, there's no suspense.

My guess is that his family will turn up alive somewhere so that the antagonist(s) can hold them hostage.

Possible hurdles/setbacks he could encounter: getting caught in an MRI machine and being pulled apart by MAGNETS; getting his nanomachines shut down and returning to baseline human; getting his nanomachines hacked and getting dissolved into a puddle of goo.

His team is shown to all be enhanced with implants, up to and possibly including nanomachines of their own. I'm guessing that (once he turns against them), after the first one is defeated by Vin Diesel interfacing with said implant and making it explode (or something), all others will turn out to be covered in some nanite-proof coating, necessitating an old-fashioned beatdown.

I always imagine a fight between what are essentially two piles of nanobots should look more like both of them melting together into a giant puddle of goop that keeps boiling until only one of them re-forms, but this would look silly in a movie so it will just be a brawl but with both fighters glowing and throwing electric sparks. I'm guessing.

I'll still watch this if the opportunity presents itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo