• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

BLM under fire for defending Cuban regime

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't use social media. (outside of forums)
- YOU DO THIS AND THAT

- No, I don't do such a thing

- DOESN'T MATTER! BLA BLABLALBA
So you're telling me you don't get actual news from anywhere, then. Yeah, that tracks.

I mean as a terrorist supporter with starry wet anime eyes who thinks your terrorists are some kind of freedom fighter jedis or something, you clearly lack any self awareness here, do you realize that?

People burn entire neighborhoods and your "media" calls it "mostly peaceful"" (not even "a bit violent" but the euphemism to reduce the severity of a notion) and you're telling me I'm opening my mouth wide?
Again, you're just fucking clueless on this issue. If BLM was as bad as you say, the entire US would be nothing but ashes by now. You're easy to scare, and therefore easy to fool.

So in other words I got you so good that you can't even say "I'm sorry judging by your profile I thought you were old, turns out you have been given 1970 as birthday by the forum software".
AHAHAHAHA, so you're tech illiterate and as gullible as any boomer despite actually being a young guy? CLASSIC.

Reactions: Deleted User

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How so? What news source do I need so I shouldn't call his stupid -putting-words-in-one's-mouth attempt out?

Reuters and Associated Press in their international editions are your best bet at unbiased news coverage. As you know the turkish government has taken over almost all media outlets in the country, which are now espousing massive amounts of propaganda and misinformation.

Remember how the media said that the BLM riots are destroying cities and have shown massive fights, particularly in Portland? Those riots have been contained within a few blocks at most, and most of the instigators that got caught were affiliated with the far right, not BLM. The damage to the city over those weeks were comparatively low and most certainly didn't destroy or even affect most of the city.

I suggest you give either (or both) Reuters and AP a chance and check some of their coverage on both your own nation and the US, and compare that to what you've seen happening locally and what the media wanted to tell you about what has happened on your own doorstep.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reuters and Associated Press in their international editions are your best bet at unbiased news coverage. As you know the turkish government has taken over almost all media outlets in the country, which are now espousing massive amounts of propaganda and misinformation.

Remember how the media said that the BLM riots are destroying cities and have shown massive fights, particularly in Portland? Those riots have been contained within a few blocks at most, and most of the instigators that got caught were affiliated with the far right, not BLM. The damage to the city over those weeks were comparatively low and most certainly didn't destroy or even affect most of the city.

I suggest you give either (or both) Reuters and AP a chance and check some of their coverage on both your own nation and the US, and compare that to what you've seen happening locally and what the media wanted to tell you about what has happened on your own doorstep.

Um they attempted to burn a court house down after barricading the door with people inside.

The reality is all these people crying about 1/6 should blame the Media, ANTIFA and BLM for cheerleading riots for over a year straight.

The rioters on 1/6 had no reason to believe they weren't as entitled to have a "Mostly peaceful potluck" like BLM spent the last year doing. If the Capitol building had a footlocker and they just went for the Nikes I wonder if the left would be as mad?

If it's legal to declare a CHAZ and take over parts of Seattle I don't see why Pelosi's office is anymore special than the people whose business's ANTIFA and BLM torched.

But like I said, relax. Summer of love, mostly peaceful spaghetti potluck.
img.jpg

Last edited by jimbo13,

Arko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I have been laid off as a journalist (because they made lists of leftists apparently) during AKP's "clean society" attempt's height, while they were jailing people for their supposed inclusion in "hammer" trials. (analogous to what's going in the west right now - neliberals never change and their leftist puppets can't find any shoulder to cry on after carrying them into power).

I'll thank you for your heartfelt and not sarcastic suggestion but thanks, I'll skip. I'll use every media outlet first to form an opinion unlike the cultists you have in charge of the social discourse there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So you're telling me you don't get actual news from anywhere, then.

You can't comprehend, can you... What's actual news by the way? If you mean mass/mainstream media I already told you our satellites get Euro channels.

Again, you're just fucking clueless on this issue.

I'm not. You just can't deal with it because your labels don't stick on me.

If BLM was as bad as you say, the entire US would be nothing but ashes by now.

As bad as I say? What's the threshold of being "bad" for you?

I mean, a terrorist organization currently lacking power not being able to commit to full violence just doing a little bit of it isn't bad for you, I get it.

But like at what point would you label an act of terrorism, the terrorizing of peoples, TERRORISM?

You need the whole US to be burned down first?

You're easy to scare, and therefore easy to fool.

You're blind.

AHAHAHAHA, so you're tech illiterate and as gullible as any boomer despite actually being a young guy? CLASSIC.

Damn I got you so good there. You called me tech illiterate while not knowing what 1 jan 1970 stood for. And now you're trying desperately to swim in the shit you're sinking in.

Try harder or don't waste my time, baizuo.

Reactions: jimbo13

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have been laid of as a journalist (because they made lists of leftists apparently) during AKP's "clean society" attempt's height, while they were jailing people for their supposed inclusion in "hammer" trials. (analogous to what's going in the west right now - neliberals never change and their leftist puppets can't find any shoulder to cry on after carrying them into power).

I'll thank you for your heartfelt and not sarcastic suggestion but thanks, I'll skip. I'll use every media outlet first to form an opinion unlike the cultists you have in charge of the social discourse there.

More than 150 media outlets in your country are directly state owned, all others are mandated to follow suit to the governments desired lines. If you want to have a laugh check if the media station you listen to or read from is owned by the Rupert Murdoch group, as they are well known and heavily documented to do nothing but push far right propaganda in every single country they can get into, and the guy has invested into Turkish media stations.

Um they attempted to burn a court house down after barricading the door with people inside.

The reality is all these people crying about 1/6 should blame the Media, ANTIFA and BLM for cheerleading riots for over a year straight.

The rioters on 1/6 had no reason to believe they weren't as entitled to have a "Mostly peaceful potluck" like BLM spent the last year doing. If the Capitol building had a footlocker and they just went for the Nikes I wonder if the left would be as mad?

If it's legal to declare a CHAZ and take over parts of Seattle I don't see why Pelosi's office is anymore special than the people whose business's ANTIFA and BLM torched.

But like I said, relax. Summer of love, mostly peaceful spaghetti potluck.

Please explain how it is that at those Portland riots not a single rioter got caught that had ties to either Antifa or BLM, but were only associated with the far right. Also do please enlighten us at how the insurrection attempt with the goal to kill dissenting politicians and overturn a democratic election by preventing the certification process is comparable to a group of rioters trying to smoke out a building that, at the time, had only police officers decked out in full riot gear inside.

Both shouldn't have happened in the first place, that's out of the question of course, but I'm confident you agree one would have had more widespread effects than the other if they hadn't been stopped, wouldn't you?

As bad as I say? What's the threshold of being "bad" for you?

I mean, a terrorist organization currently lacking power not being able to commit to full violence just doing a little bit of it isn't bad for you, I get it.

But like at what point would you label an act of terrorism, the terrorizing of peoples, TERRORISM?

You need the whole US to be burned down first?

Not a single person apprehended in conjunction with those riots had ties to BLM. The dudes that tried to set buildings on fire (Umbrella Man for example) were part of the Proud Boys or a similar right wing extremist group, the black dude that shot that other black kid had no ties to BLM either and was just in general a deranged individual that saw an opportunity for violence and took it, the list goes on.

I do fully support the notion that a bunch of the BLM cells are grifters, though. A large part of the donations doesn't seem to have gone anywhere useful, but as far as police investigations go none of the funds have gone to terrorism either.

Last edited by RAHelllord,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please explain how it is that at those Portland riots not a single rioter got caught that had ties to either Antifa or BLM, but were only associated with the far right. Also do please enlighten us at how the insurrection attempt with the goal to kill dissenting politicians and overturn a democratic election by preventing the certification process is comparable to a group of rioters trying to smoke out a building that, at the time, had only police officers decked out in full riot gear inside.

Both shouldn't have happened in the first place, that's out of the question of course, but I'm confident you agree one would have had more widespread effects than the other if they hadn't been stopped, wouldn't you?

Bias DA chose not to prosecute, that does not mean they were not caught. The Portland DA dropped over 540 arrested rioters, What is your source none of them had ties to BLM, ANTIFA and has this imaginary far right designation because frankly that sounds like bullshit you just made up fit your narrative.

https://thepostmillennial.com/portl...540-riot-related-cases-in-interest-of-justice.

Anyone who spent 10 minutes in the United States or Portland, knows this is not the face of the right.

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

Reactions: Arko

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bias DA chose not to prosecute, that does not mean they were not caught. The Portland DA dropped over 540 arrested rioters, What is your source none of them had ties to BLM, ANTIFA and has this imaginary far right designation because frankly that sounds like bullshit you just made up fit your narrative.

https://thepostmillennial.com/portl...540-riot-related-cases-in-interest-of-justice.

Anyone who spent 10 minutes in the United States or Portland, knows this is not the face of the right.

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemima...ested-in-portland-wont-be-prosecuted-da-says/
  • Charges that don’t involve deliberate property damage, theft or the use or threat of force against another person will be dropped, “but if there are egregious circumstances or something about the case that stands out, we can always choose to prosecute,” Schmidt said.
  • Cases that involve resisting arrest or assaulting a public safety officer will be closely scrutinized to determine the person’s intent, and will closely consider the “chaos of a protesting environment.”

Yes, all those people aren't prosecuted because they weren't violent or stealing, meanwhile the ones that did were prosecuted. Surely your news source said the same? And surely if those people weren't violent they weren't actively rioting either, further making your claims bogus.

As for umbrella man: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...olice-say-hes-a-white-supremacist-instigator/

Also you ignored half of my questions, you wouldn't be trying to dodge them, would you?

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemima...ested-in-portland-wont-be-prosecuted-da-says/

Yes, all those people aren't prosecuted because they weren't violent or stealing, meanwhile the ones that did were prosecuted. Surely your news source said the same? And surely if those people weren't violent they weren't actively rioting either, further making your claims bogus.

As for umbrella man: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...olice-say-hes-a-white-supremacist-instigator/

Also you ignored half of my questions, you wouldn't be trying to dodge them, would you?

So a Liberal DA decided to only prosecute conservative agitators, gotcha.

I support the mostly peaceful protesters on 1/6, they are entitled as ANTIFA and BLM to declare an autonomous zone and have a spaghetti potluck.

I bet their Spaghetti was better.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So a Liberal DA decided to only prosecute conservative agitators, gotcha.

Except none of those were agitators, apart from this minor detail you definitely got it.

I support the mostly peaceful protesters on 1/6, they are entitled as ANTIFA and BLM to declare an autonomous zone and have a spaghetti potluck.

I bet their Spaghetti was better.

So law and order doesn't matter to you at all as long as it's only broken in your party's favor? Gotcha.

How does it feel to know that there have been more people charged and indicted with the 1/6 insurrection attempt than at any of the BLM protests, even in deeply red states and counties?

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think we need to understand the statement and the group are vastly different things.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Except none of those were agitators, apart from this minor detail you definitely got it.

So law and order doesn't matter to you at all as long as it's only broken in your party's favor? Gotcha.

How does it feel to know that there have been more people charged and indicted with the 1/6 insurrection attempt than at any of the BLM protests, even in deeply red states and counties?
So tribal... who cares about what is right... its all about the political party you like isn't it. THis is why we have people on both sides acting like idiots, sometimes even entrapped by cia/fbi.. which is the same tactic they used to foil "Muslim attacks"... wake the hell up. Most media was pretty quiet about the whitmer situation, but court documents show 12 informants were involved. Thats just one we can verify. The January 6 situation was suspicious as hell also, they knew people were coming to protest and they let them in to take selfies. They even had Pelosi's biographer write a time article that made it sound like a planned situation they were nervous about... even had CNN and others talk about a planned coup over and over before it happened.

At the end of the day they are all just using you as pawns for power.

Last edited by kevin corms,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I don't really care they engaged in a activity that been completely normalized in the media and by political officials when it was the left doing it.

And if you think they were charged by conservative elected DA's you should wonder what it feels like to not have the slightest clue how federal charges or the US works.

Principals aren't free, the U.S justice system is no longer blind everyone's playing teams. It will come around and bite the left in the ass, it always does.

As someone who would rather see the U.S dissolve I view the whole thing as progress.

Last edited by jimbo13,

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't really care they engaged in a activity that been completely normalized in the media and by political officials when it was the left doing it.

And if you think they were charged by conservative elected DA's you should wonder what it feels like to not have the slightest clue how federal charges or the US works.

Principals aren't free, the U.S justice system is no longer blind everyone's playing teams. It will come around and bite the left in the ass, it always does.

As someone who would rather see the U.S dissolve I view the whole thing as progress.

Wow, I go to bed, and this devolves even further into racism, partisan nonsense, and even a little taste of nihilism...

First things first, I have yet to see any of the Jimbocalytes bring up anything constructive on how to deal with any particular problems, aside from murder BLM, Cubans, and Marxists. Good stuff, high quality 10/10 not insane. ¬.¬

Second, "lets ignore race". No. Race is sadly still quite relevant, and just because there are white victims of the US government doesn't mean "everyone's equally persecuted!" A lot of those statistics are very easy to justify, it takes only one sentence. Putting the poorest people in situations without hope or progress breeds crime. This is regardless of race, but when slavery and nationalized racism happened only a couple generations ago, that means a pit of suffering has been created for the descendants of the victims of such policies, and nothing has been done to help these people despite their exploitation being used to develop a large amount of the country's wealth. This can of course be expanded in many different ways, such as the chain of over-policing generating more reports, CIA intervention in... well... every community and home country they can land in, and laws that do still exist that are obviously racially targeted, but just at the core, things are not equal and well.

Third, I haven't seen any comments from leftists praising Democrats outright (but hey, this ballooned over 4 extra pages while I was asleep, absolutely yield it might have happened! They're still centrist if not center right and far from ideal, but w/e) but if affiliating with the other direction means ignoring any inkling of humanitarian aide, understanding, and support for angry folk with a grievance, that does speak very ill of said affiliation. To put it bluntly...
america-are-we-the-baddies-21535015.png

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I go to bed, and this devolves even further into racism, partisan nonsense, and even a little taste of nihilism...

First things first, I have yet to see any of the Jimbocalytes bring up anything constructive on how to deal with any particular problems, aside from murder BLM, Cubans, and Marxists. Good stuff, high quality 10/10 not insane. ¬.¬

Second, "lets ignore race". No. Race is sadly still quite relevant, and just because there are white victims of the US government doesn't mean "everyone's equally persecuted!" A lot of those statistics are very easy to justify, it takes only one sentence. Putting the poorest people in situations without hope or progress breeds crime. This is regardless of race, but when slavery and nationalized racism happened only a couple generations ago, that means a pit of suffering has been created for the descendants of the victims of such policies, and nothing has been done to help these people despite their exploitation being used to develop a large amount of the country's wealth. This can of course be expanded in many different ways, such as the chain of over-policing generating more reports, CIA intervention in... well... every community and home country they can land in, and laws that do still exist that are obviously racially targeted, but just at the core, things are not equal and well.

Third, I haven't seen any comments from leftists praising Democrats outright (but hey, this ballooned over 4 extra pages while I was asleep, absolutely yield it might have happened! They're still centrist if not center right and far from ideal, but w/e) but if affiliating with the other direction means ignoring any inkling of humanitarian aide, understanding, and support for angry folk with a grievance, that does speak very ill of said affiliation. To put it bluntly...
america-are-we-the-baddies-21535015.png

This is the most useless post I've seen, it's as if you are having some other conversation in your own head. Followed up by a stupid tribal meme.

Reactions: jimbo13

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the most useless post I've seen, it's as if you are having some other conversation in your own head. Followed up by a stupid tribal meme.

The thread has had four pages to address in a single shot, but glad you can't even see the content with your blinders on.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The thread has had four pages to address in a single shot, but glad you can't even see the content with your blinders on.
No, you are really just repeating a bunch of buzz worthy facts. Its a bunch of strawman arguments really. the same strawman arguments "nice racists" like Biden use for political gain only. You cant conflate the group BLM and what they are doing with actual social justice or what the CIA/FBI does. Heck, even ANTIFA has very little to do with real social justice. Know your enemy is the first step. Maybe then people can stop thinking they are social justice warriors supporting Biden, a guy with one of the worst records on race in the entire system.

Last edited by kevin corms,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Because the 1/6 rioters can't take responsibility for their own actions.

Antifa gets blamed for so much by known liars that I'm not convinced it's even real.

Obviously cuba has some problems of it's own making, but the Trump era made it worse.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...can-trade-other-countries-heres-some-context/

It's just fear that if communism works in cuba then people might want to repeat it in the US.

The assumption that the US is always the good guys is laughable.

BLM were protesting against an activity that has been completely normalized too. Clean your own house first.

Last edited by smf,

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have an embargo on them because they are a brutal totalitarian regime whose engaged in hostilities to us, staged Nuclear weapons aimed at our cities and are suspected by many of direct involvement in the Kennedy assassination. Spew that garbage in a Cuban neighborhood in Florida with people who actually escaped Castro and you wont leave. There is a reason their people will take tires and water jugs on to open ocean and risk their lives to get to Florida.

Denials of Black Power movements roots and support of Marxism (Black Panthers, BLA, Weather underground, BLM, etc) show a profound ignorance of basic historical knowledge of the 60s thru the 80s.

*ahem*

We put an embargo on Cuba because, as at least one other person mentioned, they pretty much didn't agree with American politics and governmental policies being forced upon what was already a kind of working political system. Kind of in the sense that, it was working independently of mass American influence and only truly faltered because both America and the Soviet Union wanted to control it for various reasons, like resources and military positioning. Remember the whole "Cuba pointed nuclear missiles because we embargoed them" ideology you proposed? Yeah, turns out those missiles were placed there by the Soviet Union, which in itself was in response to American placement of missiles in Turkey and Italy. But it's ok, they're an enemy because we made them an enemy, so it's morally correct, right?

The US has a long history of pushing buttons and then running what are basically slam campaigns for anyone who resists. Currently we have a scenario where BLM, a group formed initially to bring scrutiny to, and hopefully overcome, racist (classist) based police brutality, mainly to black Americans, that revolves around them bringing again, scrutiny and intended resolve, to another group of citizens being unfairly treated by their oppressive government. Only this time, they're being utilized by right wing media to spur yet another racially based fire for people to eyeball and focus on.

"Denials of Black Power movements roots and support of Marxism (Black Panthers, BLA, Weather underground, BLM, etc) show a profound ignorance of basic historical knowledge of the 60s thru the 80s."
- I mean, maybe? But let's roll with your point. We should hate the BLM because they were supposedly founded by Marxist supporters. So, why can't we hate modern Republicans? I mean, it's pretty widely known at this point the current makeup of Republicans were founded by Democrats who still wanted slavery, right? So why is it ok to hate one group of people because of their roots but not the other?

Oh wait, because the BLM are violent protestors. Whereas the Republicans aren't. You know, except for the capital coup, the Charlottesville marches, the known violent protestors with blatant republican and right wing backgrounds littered through what were originally supposed to be peaceful BLM protests, the racist demonstrations when Obama was elected, so on and so forth. But I guess we can forgive you for cherry picking your ire, I mean... it's not like we live in a country that clearly vomits propaganda over *EvReYtHiNg they can push their agenda into.

Oh, wait.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you are really just repeating a bunch of buzz worthy facts. Its a bunch of strawman arguments really. the same strawman arguments "nice racists" like Biden use for political gain only. You cant conflate the group BLM and what they are doing with actual social justice or what the CIA/FBI does. Heck, even ANTIFA has very little to do with real social justice. Know your enemy is the first step. Maybe then people can stop thinking they are social justice warriors supporting Biden, a guy with one of the worst records on race in the entire system.

D'aww, you can at least understand that I spit facts, even if you don't like their popularity. That gives me some hope! :wub:

But seriously though, what is up with all this enemy hunting nonsense? Are you trying to find reasons to get violent with folk? You may want to discuss these feelings with a therapist. Also, I know social justice is a dark concept these days, but it is actually a good thing. You seem like you could benefit from some morality and social interactions.

Reactions: Xzi

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D'aww, you can at least understand that I spit facts, even if you don't like their popularity. That gives me some hope! :wub:

But seriously though, what is up with all this enemy hunting nonsense? Are you trying to find reasons to get violent with folk? You may want to discuss these feelings with a therapist. Also, I know social justice is a dark concept these days, but it is actually a good thing. You seem like you could benefit from some morality and social interactions.

What you call "Facts" is just you spewing character allegations because no one gives a shit about Marxists trying to make a living being professional victims.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you call "Facts" is just you spewing character allegations because no one gives a shit about Marxists trying to make a living being professional victims.

Hey, your comrade said it, I was just thanking 'em. And I'm not the one crying about how a group of folk aren't murdered or imprisoned. Marxists offer solutions, the political right offers perpetual victim-hood and occasional violence. Get gud, cupcake~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work