Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We get it, the GBA version is bad, but SuperFX is not exactly trivial to emulate, especially with the added nuisance of doing it with the PICA200.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
We get it, the GBA version is bad, but SuperFX is not exactly trivial to emulate, especially with the added nuisance of doing it with the PICA200.

That would depend on how the SuperFX chip handles things. Just because it can output polygons doesn't mean the PICA200 can do it in the same way. StapleButter has had to convert graphic cels into direct-color textures and store them because the PICA200 has no means to process paletted textures, nor even has programmable pixel shaders to process them, and this isn't including the fact that graphic cels for the SNES are stored in bit-plane form and not bpp form.

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody said it was easy. Acknowledging that the GBA port is a poor version is not the same as "demanding" it for this either. But some day, it's possible.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if a .cia was created for blarge snes? Someone mentioned it but I didn't get a response. I wasn't able to make one myself either.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! Also, blargsnes keeps locking up whenever I try to load another game after exiting out of the pause menu with select of another game.

With 1.1 or the build I linked to you? 1.1 did that to me. this build works fine.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That build does have issues though, mostly relating to the early state of the hardware renderer. Blue screen on the first Mario World boss, for example.

That's why Staplebuttler doesn't want these unofficial builds floating around, they're not representative of the intended development path of the emulator because they're essentially experimental (sorry for putting words in Staplebuttler's mouth).

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That build does have issues though, mostly relating to the early state of the hardware renderer. Blue screen on the first Mario World boss, for example.

That's why Staplebuttler doesn't want these unofficial builds floating around, they're not representative of the intended development path of the emulator because they're essentially experimental (sorry for putting words in Staplebuttler's mouth).
But... sound

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remember people, exophase got pissed off at various unofficial gpSP versions floating around and quit development. So then we were stuck with Kai version this patch that letter such and so.

Reactions: Idaho

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for people using ninjhax & the "unofficial" 1.19 ver: do most games freeze your system and force you to restart your 3DS? I'd say about 50% of the SNES roms do that for me, and I've tried a lot.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried very many games but the one game I'd say works beautifully on the 1.19 build, in that it has never seemed close to crashing, is Super Mario All-Stars. That's what I'm using blarg for right now to play pretty much exclusively, and it's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNY4DFhf6xM