Gaming Black Wii, play DVD movies possible?

Delirious17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried MPlayer-CE and it just sat there...is DVD movie playback possible on the new Black Wiis?

Gah WiiMC just gave me an invalid DVD message too.

corolla0305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The LG series of DVD readers we use to RawDump Wii Discs, are there any reader/burner types of this.... if you finalized with one of them, would that be possible??
I only think there came out in a reader thou...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Delirious17 said:
Bump, any updates on if this has been made possible?
I don't think you understood what was said in June: the limitation is in the disc drive. It more accurately checks the legitimacy of wii discs. It WILL NOT read anything but legit wii discs and gamecube disks. It's a physical limitation, which can only be dealt with physical actions.

In other words: find yourself an old wii drive and install that in your wii drive, or accept that it isn't going to happen.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The old drives had a mode for video dvds, apparently it was planned that the Wii will be able to play them. Homebrew DVD players, backup disc loaders, and flatcable modchips(that read DVD-Rs) exploit this capability.

Well, maybe there's a media player that plays video dvds from an external dvd drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok