Black screen with "-5" after launching Homebrew Launcher from Haxchi Channel

orii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello, I recently got a Wii U from someone who had installed Haxchi on it (not the coldboot version though.)

The first few times, I was able to launch the Homebrew Launcher from the Haxchi Channel by long pressing A.

This time though, after pressing A, the Wii U just displayed a black screen with "-5" on the upper left corner.

Did I just brick the Wii U? Was there something I did that might have affected the Homebrew Launcher? What should I do next? I'm not sure if forcing the Wii U off would make things worse, so for now it's still stuck on the screen.
Post automatically merged:

Edit:
Okay, nevermind. Sorry everyone. Apparently the "-5" is an error code and means that something is wrong with the homebrew launcher file in the SD card according to this post

Now off to fixing it!

Last edited by orii,

orii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
While you're at it. Why not just leave Haxchi behind and switch to Tiramisu (and Aroma)?
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/
Oh yeah, I was actually planning to install Tiramisu soon. Though I'm not sure about Aroma, since I'm still kinda confused about what it is and the differences between it and Tiramisu. I'll do some more research on them though. Thanks for the link!

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Though I'm not sure about Aroma, since I'm still kinda confused about what it is and the differences between it and Tiramisu
Tiramisu is technically aroma. A lightweight aroma. This were released before aroma to give us a pretaste for aroma. And you can use both. Tiramisu and aroma ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...