Hacking Black Screen when loading Games in USB Loader GX, Help!

TheSocialZombie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I followed a guide on how to install usb loader gx on YouTube, since I needed it for use with Nintendont. I added Animal Crossing City Folk in there as well.

Info about stuff:

Wii version: 4.3U.
Usb: Lexar by Micron 16 GB
SD Card (Used to boot loader): Toshiba 4 GB, Class 4, SDHC.
Wii Model: The white one with the GameCube Ports.

cIOS: Followed guide on CompleteSoftmodGuide, teaching me how to install cIOS. Installed v10 beta53 on slot 249, v10 beta52 on slot 250.

GameCube games: Mario Kart Double Dash, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros Melee, SD Remix.

Wii Games: AC:City Folk

My problem: Whenever I load a game, it just goes to a black screen forever, causing me to turn off the console. Also makes my Wii controller turn off.

All my games are inside the usb, and the SD card is just there to load the usb loader gx.

Last edited by TheSocialZombie,

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you have all cIOS installed? Also make sure you have the IOS installed for the game like IOS 34 for Zelda, or whatever,
Try loading the gamewith CFG USB Loader.

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ok, so I followed a guide on how to install usb loader gx on YouTube, since I needed it for use with Nintendont. I added Animal Crossing City Folk in there as well.

Info about stuff:

Wii version: 4.3U.
Usb: Lexar by Micron 16 GB
SD Card (Used to boot loader): Toshiba 4 GB, Class 4, SDHC.
Wii Model: The white one with the GameCube Ports.

cIOS: Followed guide on CompleteSoftmodGuide, teaching me how to install cIOS. Installed v10 beta53 on slot 249, v10 beta52 on slot 250.

GameCube games: Mario Kart Double Dash, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros Melee, SD Remix.

Wii Games: AC:City Folk

My problem: Whenever I load a game, it just goes to a black screen forever, causing me to turn off the console. Also makes my Wii controller turn off.

All my games are inside the usb, and the SD card is just there to load the usb loader gx.
usb loader gx required ios 236. if you using cfg usbloader you only need to install cios249. if you want to play your GC games also with usb loader gx, go to loader options in usb loader gx and set your GC loader is nintendont or etc. if you still have another problem you can asking again or start conversation with me, if required.

TheSocialZombie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usb loader gx required ios 236. if you using cfg usbloader you only need to install cios249. if you want to play your GC games also with usb loader gx, go to loader options in usb loader gx and set your GC loader is nintendont or etc. if you still have another problem you can asking again or start conversation with me, if required.
Ok then. I will use cfg usbloader then, but will it be usable with Nintendont and the like?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What?! No. USB Loader GX doesn't require IOS236. It needs Wanikoko, Hermes, or (best) d2x. It also doesn't matter what the original IOS the game required is as the official IOSes cannot read from a USB drive.

The soft mod guide recommends putting beta53 in slot 249 but beta53 is flaky. You should use beta52 as both 249 base56 and 250 base57.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

TheSocialZombie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?! No. USB Loader GX doesn't require IOS236. It needs Wanikoko, Hermes, or (best) d2x. It also doesn't matter what the original IOS the game required is as the official IOSes cannot read from a USB drive.

The soft mod guide recommends putting beta53 in slot 249 but beta53 is flaky. You should use beta52 as both 249 base56 and 250 base57.

Actually for whatever reason, I got usb loader gx to load GameCube games perfectly by just loading CFG usb loader and it telling me that it doesn't have a custom cIOS in slot 236 or 238. Then it took me back to homebrew. Later I loaded USB loader GX and played ACCF, with great success. Then I downloaded a cover image for pikmin, which for whatever reason took out City Folk, but allowed me to play SD Remix without ever getting a black screen crash.

Point: If you want to use a usb loader, either only Wii games, or GameCube games, but for GameCube games, you'll need a GameCube loader, like Nintendont. (Though that doesn't explain how I got City Folk working. Ah well.)

Last edited by TheSocialZombie,

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

i have a probem like that also 1 year ago. and i trying to install ios 236, and i play the game perfectly.

reymas101

Professional GBAtemp Noob
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly did you do to fix it? Having the same issue with Gamecube games. IOS 236 is installed and d2x is set up (based off the guide)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly did you do to fix it? Having the same issue with Gamecube games. IOS 236 is installed and d2x is set up (based off the guide)

Gamecube loaders don't use a custom IOS. They generally use the stock (unpatched) IOS 58.

mackefnask

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had the same problems. Before i used wiibackupmanager and formated the usb to wsfb but no.. so i formated to fat32 and 32kb and transferred the games, and just put the error #002 to yes in usb loader settings if that occur.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty