Black screen on overclocked Wii U forwarders of vWii homebrew on Tiramisu?

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but that's wrong, I use overclock vwii with tiramisu without problem.

Can you send me a forwarders for a test?
That's news to me, I've heard of a lot of people not being able to get it working. Based on what @V10lator said I see it's not very stable though. Glad to see you all working on stabilizing it :)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
old sign_cafe2wii patcher provided by @V10lator
latest sign c2w from fix94
It's actually the other way around: FIX94s codes are old. My fork tries to implement it with new, modern ways.

Anyway, tried to debug the issue with my fork the whole day but can't get why it blackscreens. :(

//EDIT: @SaulFabre Could you DM me the same forwarder you handled to @Masana , please? This might make debugging more simple (as the forwarded app seems to produce audio. The apps I tried to forward to don't so I can't tell if blackscreen or more serious issue).

//EDIT²: To the ones knowing my long team goal: Thanks to these patching issues it switched a bit. New plan:
1) Update my sign_c2w_patcher fork to not produce blackscreens.
2) Implement this into a forwarder forwarding to @SaulFabres forwarders (forwarder inception o.O).
3) Combine my patching forwarder with @SaulFabres forwarders.

@SaulFabre Yes, you see this correctly: My end goal is to have one single channel which applies overglocking patches and forwards to a vWii SRL... Then again: This is a long term goal. So we might not reach it...
Anyway, I'm so glad you figured out the Nintendont forwarder mod. I had this idea in my head for a longer time but I didn't want to start working on it as I couldn't figure out how to do SRLs (how to give arguments to a vWii homebrew when launching it from Wii U mode).

//EDIT³: In case your end goal is the same: Let's team up! Awaiting your DM anyway, so all further talk about this there, ok?

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
It's actually the other way around: FIX94s codes are old. My fork tries to implement it with new, modern ways.

Anyway, tried to debug the issue with my fork the whole day but can't get why it blackscreens. :(

//EDIT: @SaulFabre Could you DM me the same forwarder you handled to @Masana , please? This might make debugging more simple (as the forwarded app seems to produce audio. The apps I tried to forward to don't so I can't tell if blackscreen or more serious issue).

//EDIT²: To the ones knowing my long team goal: Thanks to these patching issues it switched a bit. New plan:
1) Update my sign_c2w_patcher fork to not produce blackscreens.
2) Implement this into a forwarder forwarding to @SaulFabres forwarders (forwarder inception o.O).
3) Combine my patching forwarder with @SaulFabres forwarders.

@SaulFabre Yes, you see this correctly: My end goal is to have one single channel which applies overglocking patches and forwards to a vWii SRL... Then again: This is a long term goal. So we might not reach it...
Anyway, I'm so glad you figured out the Nintendont forwarder mod. I had this idea in my head for a longer time but I didn't want to start working on it as I couldn't figure out how to do SRLs (how to give arguments to a vWii homebrew when launching it from Wii U mode).

//EDIT³: In case your end goal is the same: Let's team up! Awaiting your DM anyway, so all further talk about this there, ok?
@V10lator

Instead of making a new PM to you, i've added you to my PM with @Masana.

• Love
Reactions: V10lator and Masana

Gahrsim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, gotcha.

Your end goal is exactly what I thought would be the ideal behavior of a forwarder.

Also, I didn't mention it but GamePad supports is also working correctly with Wii64 Rice on Tiramisu.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if i recall you had to delete a homebrew file from tiramisu? i remmenber a thread saying if you deleted a file that comes with tiramisu the overclock would work, maybe that files comes in some download packs some people find on the internet or something?

maybe i got it confused with 3ds or something?

Last edited by pedro702,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just wondering did your tester have the forwarder installed to nand? seems it can cause issues if isntalled to usb on tiramisu, a guy from nintendont couldnt get nintendont forward towork from usb on tiramisu but it worked perfetly fine when he installed to nand so theres that.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
just wondering did your tester have the forwarder installed to nand? seems it can cause issues if isntalled to usb on tiramisu, a guy from nintendont couldnt get nintendont forward towork from usb on tiramisu but it worked perfetly fine when he installed to nand so theres that.
Sorry, this issue was solved. And yes, the solution was installing the forwarder on the NAND.

Reactions: Kopimist

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Forwarders in general? Tiramisu can use them from usb as well. Though, I may switch back to cbhc.
lots of people report the they have issues with nintendont/vwii injects if they are on tiramisu wihch we got like 3 people and their issue was having it on usb instead of nand even if it worked before they updated to tiramisu.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It never worked on usb.
what? of course it did , nintendont injects are on many people usb, lots of people have dozens of gc injects on usb off the wiiu and they work fine not talking about overclock but about nintendont injects too.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, from the moment you launch sign_c2w_patcher, the game must be patched and installed in the nand and even with CBCH.
not talking about overclock either regular nintendont forwards without overcloking at all arent working from usb.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was just answering this question
what i said was forwarders in general seems even people that make regular nintendont forwarders without ever using overclock have issues if the fowarder is on usb on tiramisu, emukid himself(dev of wii64) said he had everything working fine on cbhc and he updated to tiramisu and his wii64 forwarder stopped working, im guessing his issue was the forwarder was on the usb since i know saw like 3 or 4 people having issues with nintendont forwarders and the likes for being on usb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI