Bioshock 1 announced for iPhone and iPad

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is less interesting as an actual game and more interesting as a tech demo for the Apple platforms.

As for games, Bioshock is a great first half of a game that collapses after the midpoint plot twist. Bioshock 2 is the superior game; the story is better than most give it credit for and the gameplay's 100% improved. I'd definitely recommend it. As for Bioshock Infinite, it doesn't even deserve a place at the table.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, though. Why iOS and not Android? Android is the OS that many microconsoles run. This would be great for Shield owners for example.

Probably because Apple has a more unified platform, whereas Android can be more of a mess. Plus, there's precedent; 2K ported the PS2-era GTA games to the iPhone and iPad, iirc.

Reactions: Bobbyloujo

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, though. Why iOS and not Android? Android is the OS that many microconsoles run. This would be great for Shield owners for example.

probably a contractual agreement, Kinda like how telltale games has a (bullshit) exclusive contract with Amazon for Fire devices. *glares at The Wolf Among Us mobile port*

Look what happened with Plants Vs Zombies 2. Rumors had it that someone from EA blurted that Apple paid them "truckloads of money" to purposely delay the release on Android.

Their last ported games were on iOS for the longest time (GTA III and VCS) before they finally made it to android, so don't hold your breath on an android port soon. If even ever. It's probably a timed contract exclusively with Apple. It could be personal bias with Apple or they are kissing their ass because they want to be in their good books

Reactions: Bobbyloujo

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it's not like developing for iOS is less of a PITA in many ways
it's not like this happened many times with other big mobile games and ports (sometimes in the form of a 1year+ delay on android)
it's not like apple appstore is the place where (despite the lower market share) most of the money in mobile software is spent (http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...ers-5x-more-revenue-per-download-than-android)
it's not like developers couldn't care less about over9000 billion cheapstakes android users keeping android share high

it's not like that, one should always go with the "truckload of money" theory. (not saying timed exclusives aren't a thing but apple can't possibly have paid every instance of all of this happening, "iOS first" is the norm)

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Screw the Android port, where's the PSVita port? Seriously, there's no reason why one shouldn't exist - it's a full-scale game, the Vita is a full-scale gaming device - step it up, 2K.
Just one smal reason.... nobody owns a Vita :/ I want one but its a unnecessary purchase becuase im not that big of a fan of the Sony game lib ;)
(Provided that yoi can call the vitas 3.5 games a library :P)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just one smal reason.... nobody owns a Vita :/ I want one but its a unnecessary purchase becuase im not that big of a fan of the Sony game lib ;)
For all intents and purposes there's more PSVita owners than Wii U owners, but then again, that's not saying much.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
For all intents and purposes there's more PSVita owners than Wii U owners, but then again, that's not saying much.
Lets not go into that discussion, but it seems like the 3DS is doing quite a lot better then the Vita. (Also i was kind trying to sound like you with the *not* at all 3.5 games ttolling line XD)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Lets not go into that discussion, but (...)
...stepped on your toe? Sorry, that was an accident. ;O;

But yeah, I agree with what you're saying - the west definitely embraced the 3DS more than the Vita, which is a shame as both systems are good platforms in their own right. Thankfuly the Vita isn't doing too bad in Japan (actually, it's doing great last time I checked), here's for hoping the west catches up with that... someday. :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They may squrit it for free if you ask nice +1