Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Rinnegatamante, is it possible to add a feature to install and delete things from the NAND? I have a few things I want to try out which require installing CIA's to the NAND, but BRM shows them as corrupt I think.

As i said few posts ago, i need to test if NAND content are correctly installed. Few months ago i tried to install an homebrew on NAND and it doesn't show on both Big Red Menu and Home Menu and i had to delete him through devMenu. Maybe for original NAND content is different.

Might wanna try FunkyCia2. Here

On-topic for the thread, is there any specific reason BRM doesn't support home-menu button? Sure you can close with start, but that's kinda the point of the home-button system.

Easy to add Home button support, i'll add it in next release.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Rinnegatamante !

First of all, thanks for the great homebrew you provide! I would really appreciate it, if you could take a look at this:

With cearp 's Tool funkyCIA it is possible to make cia backups of eshop software. Here's his thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...p-content-super-easy-and-fast-2-1-fix.376941/

FunkyCIA has a special command to dump eshop software in its signed form, meaning it is capable of creating a cia file which is signed such that it only works on the console the software was bought on:

Also, I added '-personal', which will leave your unique ids in the CIA intact. This is so we can make perfect backups for our own system. (As opposed to wiping the ids by default, which make it installable on all consoles + requiring us to use GW or CFW to (install?) + run it) I do not know why, but when I make personal CIAs that should only work on my console, they do not install... I have not tested for a few months, but I hope we can fix it it possible.

Unfortunately those signed cias are currently not installable, neither with devmenu nor with bigredmenu. Would you be so kind to take a look at this issue? cearp is really certain that this is not a fault by his tool but either a limitation of devmenu or something needs to be patched. I talked to him about this matter here:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-oot-cia-on-sysnand-via-linked-emunand.385318/#post-5421260

Since you created bigredmenu, I suppose you know a lot about the installing process of cias, so maybe you have clue? Anyway, thanks for your great work!

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version (v.1.5) of Big Red Menu available and now, Big Red Menu is really 100% legit cause .3DS build is now available so you don't need devMenu anymore to install it as .CIA (Thanks to extrun20)!

Changelog:
- Now Big Red Menu is usable as .3DS
- Added Titles Name parsing for imported CIAs
- Added Security Mode (Disable it for big MicroSD to prevent wrong free space checks while importing) [Switch with L button]

Download: http://rinnegatamante.netsons.org/BGRM_15.rar

So I can use this with PBT-CFW? Or is that still a no no?

D

Deleted User

As i said few posts ago, i need to test if NAND content are correctly installed. Few months ago i tried to install an homebrew on NAND and it doesn't show on both Big Red Menu and Home Menu and i had to delete him through devMenu. Maybe for original NAND content is different.

Weird that NAND content wouldn't be working. When I was making FBI and tried installing blargSNES to NAND, it worked just fine.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hi Rinnegatamante !

First of all, thanks for the great homebrew you provide! I would really appreciate it, if you could take a look at this:

With cearp 's Tool funkyCIA it is possible to make cia backups of eshop software. Here's his thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...p-content-super-easy-and-fast-2-1-fix.376941/

FunkyCIA has a special command to dump eshop software in its signed form, meaning it is capable of creating a cia file which is signed such that it only works on the console the software was bought on:

Unfortunately those signed cias are currently not installable, neither with devmenu nor with bigredmenu. Would you be so kind to take a look at this issue? cearp is really certain that this is not a fault by his tool but either a limitation of devmenu or something needs to be patched. I talked to him about this matter here:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-oot-cia-on-sysnand-via-linked-emunand.385318/#post-5421260

Since you created bigredmenu, I suppose you know a lot about the installing process of cias, so maybe you have clue? Anyway, thanks for your great work!
it's not a limitation of devmenu. something extra will have to be patched in fw. I'm not sure if the OP has a private cafe to test? but sure thanks for the help

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Weird that NAND content wouldn't be working. When I was making FBI and tried installing blargSNES to NAND, it worked just fine.

Don't know how you got it, if i try to install NAND contents, imported CIA is not recognized by Big Red Menu and Home Menu, if i try to start it through devMenu i got black screen and i can delete it only with devMenu.

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy to add Home button support, i'll add it in next release.

Cool, thanks. (shameless ask for it in all your other apps if possible ;))

Need someone who is using N3DS and has a big MicroSD with more than 4 gb of free space to test this file instead of official 3DS and i want to know if free space is correctly recognized: http://rinnegatamante.netsons.org/BigRedTest.3ds

Instead of official 3ds? Did you mean original?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Cool, thanks. (shameless ask for it in all your other apps if possible ;))

Instead of official 3ds? Did you mean original?

With an O3DS i just tested and it seems to work but don't know if there are issues with N3DS. I just managed to allow LUA to use int_64 instead of int_32 as LUA_INTEGER type.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Oops seems I have posted this in the wrong thread. This is for your Custom Home Menu Manager app, not Big Red Menu. :P

I made this 3D banner design for CHMM. I'll show you a video of it once I get it on the 3DS. Might need to remove some detail from the fence, but aside from that, I've made this one entirely from scratch. :D

BannerPreview.jpg

EDIT: I've redone it so banner is easier to read. Also reduced detail of fence as the model was pushing almost 3000 polygons and I think it might have been a bit too much detail to work as a banner.

EDIT2: Finished!

Also note that I lightmapped the object and rendered that as it's texture. This restores some missing lighting to the model that would otherwise not be present as light objects for banners are not yet supported by EveryFileExplorer. So I just had 3DS Max render the lighting to texture instead. :D

I attached the files below. Try it out and see if you like it.

Attachments

• CHMMBanner.rar
    401.8 KB · Views: 237

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
EDIT: Oops seems I have posted this in the wrong thread. This is for your Custom Home Menu Manager app, not Big Red Menu. :P

I made this 3D banner design for CHMM. I'll show you a video of it once I get it on the 3DS. Might need to remove some detail from the fence, but aside from that, I've made this one entirely from scratch. :D

BannerPreview.jpg

EDIT: I've redone it so banner is easier to read. Also reduced detail of fence as the model was pushing almost 3000 polygons and I think it might have been a bit too much detail to work as a banner.

EDIT2: Finished!

Also note that I lightmapped the object and rendered that as it's texture. This restores some missing lighting to the model that would otherwise not be present as light objects for banners are not yet supported by EveryFileExplorer. So I just had 3DS Max render the lighting to texture instead. :D

I attached the files below. Try it out and see if you like it.

Awesome as always, i'll use it in next release surely.

Reactions: Saxer and extrun20

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a similar issue that tvo770 was having on page 12.
Code:
linking Big_Red_Menu-master.elf
luaPlayer.o: In function `runScript(char const*, bool)':
d:/3DS_DEV/INFO/Big_Red_Menu-master/Big_Red_Menu-master/source/luaPlayer.cpp:55:undefined reference to `CSND_initialize'
d:/3DS_DEV/INFO/Big_Red_Menu-master/Big_Red_Menu-master/source/luaPlayer.cpp:56:undefined reference to `CSND_shutdown'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/d/3DS_DEV/INFO/Big_Red_Menu-master/Big_Red_Menu-master/Big_Red_Menu-master.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

I've changed the makefile to '-mfloat-abi=hard'
added the suggested changes to csnd.h (and tried using the paste from tvo770)
tried the CTRULIB environment variable with values "C:\devkitPro\libctru" and "/c/devkitPro/libctru"
can anyone offer some advice?
DevKitPro is pretty new (v1.5.4). I just rebuilt ctrulib again fresh just now. Environment variables should be fine.
Hopefully it's just something stupid i've missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ