Hacking BFRES Model Injector (Beta)

mariosonicds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get it HERE or at the bottom of the post.

Please post if you're UV's are trashed since i have not tested every one.(or your not separating your uv island. Do a run threw Noesis and that should fix that.)

What is BFRES? Simply put its a container for textures, models and animations (and extra files..) used in many Wii U titles.

• Animal Crossing Plaza
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • Game & Wario
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • The Legend of Zelda: BOTW
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
  • Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
  • New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Luigi U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Pikmin 3
  • Pokémon Rumble U
  • Rodea: The Sky Soldier
  • Splatoon
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Wii Sports Club
  • Wii U BIOS
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • And maybe others(Just look for the FRES magic in the file)
This tool is at its heart a Vertex tool, but now has the ability to write new face's but with the limit of the original obj's tri and vert sizes. I have a workaround coming to increase the buffer for faces and vertexes but is likely to be scraped for a studio tool later on.

If you have something i should add into like a .obj importer please tell me.

If your looking for a texture injector goto this post and if you cant get your hands on texconv2, you can always try using this tool for dds2gtx.

Attachments

• BFRESLightImporterBeta.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 590
Last edited by mariosonicds,

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have something I should add into like a .obj importer please tell me.
I asked this question on twitter, but will there be support for blender (or other 3D modeling tools).

In term of .obj support, that would be nice as long as it can support all the features that BFRES file are able to do.

mariosonicds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this question on twitter, but will there be support for blender (or other 3D modeling tools).

In term of .obj support, that would be nice as long as it can support all the features that BFRES file are able to do.

Well i had thoughts of a smd importer for rigged suport, that should cover base for blender,3dsmax, and maya. I might try doing that until I or someone else make a studio solution.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So my dream of replacing the Of The Wild tunic from Breath of the Wild with the Hero's Tunic from Hyrule Warrior will soon come true?

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
So my dream of replacing the Of The Wild tunic from Breath of the Wild with the Hero's Tunic from Hyrule Warrior will soon come true?
It has been made. We don't need this, only change colours and textures, we can do this since a long time. I think SuperDaStar or smw123.... did it. Visit their YouTube channels and search

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mode
so is this model importer or vertex editor
srry im confused...
Model Importer, I'm confused but not with this, with 3DSMax instead, I don't understand nothing and I don't find some buttons and:
I import the model, I import the model i want to inject, i delete the older model parts, iselect where I want to save the dope.csv and the it gives me this error:
--Unable to convert: undefined to type: Integer

Last edited by victormr21,
D

Deleted User

hello, I get smb's bfres injector (blender), and when I push inject I have "error 13 permission denied".

Here is a screenshoot.

Errno13-Screenshoot-blender.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?