Hacking Better Exfathack USB Image (for chips that push exfathax from USB sticks).

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Here you go people, A no filesystem error 65KB USB image for those that use a chip with a usb drive. This one is even smaller than my last mod and gives no filesytem error once that exfat hax is running.

This is about as small as I can make this, but I am sure someone can make it even smaller if you can figure out how to adjust the offsets for the start of the fat16 partition. (this will be somewhere in the first 512 bytes of the image). Exfat hack is stored at the start of the image, fat16 partition (only 512 bytes) starts at offset 0x10000. Because PS4 can read this, there's no error detected and no need to format on a PC error will show up either.

Attachments

• USBHack - Mod V2.zip
    819 bytes · Views: 169

Virman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have tested the usbimage on my ps4 and it works perfectly. The message to remove the usb does not appear, but you just have to wait a few seconds and click on the accept button to load the jailbreak.
Great work!

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
What is this for, and what does it do?
It's for people that use a chip such as this here (https://github.com/stooged/PS4-Server-900u) that want to auto jailbreak their v9.0 PS4 without needing to manually insert a usb drive into their PS4 to jailbreak it. Usually exfat pico images that people flash to their USB drives give a filesystem error when the USB drive is inserted into the PS4 because there's no filesystem in the USB drive.
On these images the exfat hack is on the first few pages of the usb drive sectors and this is what crashes the ps4 and lets you push the hack. However the usb causes a filesystem error because there is no partition info or filesystem on the usb. This image that I have attached contains the hack, but it's been modded to contain a partition table and a fat16 filesystem table that the PS4 thinks is exfat. The PS4 can read this (along with the hacked sectors), so doesn't know there's an error. Also you can put the usb in a computer afterwards and get no "you need to format this error", so you can use the existsing space on the drive to create another partition and still be able to use your usb drive for other stuff.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's for people that use a chip such as this here (https://github.com/stooged/PS4-Server-900u) that want to auto jailbreak their v9.0 PS4 without needing to manually insert a usb drive into their PS4 to jailbreak it. Usually exfat pico images that people flash to their USB drives give a filesystem error when the USB drive is inserted into the PS4 because there's no filesystem in the USB drive.
On these images the exfat hack is on the first few pages of the usb drive sectors and this is what crashes the ps4 and lets you push the hack. However the usb causes a filesystem error because there is no partition info or filesystem on the usb. This image that I have attached contains the hack, but it's been modded to contain a partition table and a fat16 filesystem table that the PS4 thinks is exfat. The PS4 can read this (along with the hacked sectors), so doesn't know there's an error. Also you can put the usb in a computer afterwards and get no "you need to format this error", so you can use the existsing space on the drive to create another partition and still be able to use your usb drive for other stuff.
Thx for the good explanation B-)

Reactions: mrdude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night