Homebrew [Beta] Thenaya - TagMo for 3DS

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks , the app works , but there is a problem with tag names , every burned tag have the same tag name : mario!!!!
can you please fix that problem? or do you have any suggestions?
Cannot replicate problem. Newly made tags on my end have blank nicknames and ask to be registered first. Can you describe the steps you’re taking to make the tags and how you’re verifying the tag names?

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3dsx version works really well on my N3DS. Haven't tested the CIA version simply because I'd rather not use up a home menu slot on it.

The main thing on my wish list is the ability to change directions to keep things more organized, but I'll happily work within the limitations until then. [emoji6]

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: RedScorpion

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest version (0.5) should have both.

Very nice! A couple issues. Pressing B one too many times (i.e., in the amiibo directory) will cause the file browser to soft lock, saying Empty DIR over the contents of the amiibo directory. (Maybe disable trying to back into the root directory?) Also, it'd be cool if pressing left and right would skip around in the file browser. Still, I'm very happy with this version. [emoji3]

Last edited by Cralex,

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Very nice! A couple issues. Pressing B one too many times (i.e., in the amiibo directory) will cause the file browser to soft lock, saying Empty DIR over the contents of the amiibo directory. (Maybe disable trying to back into the root directory?) Also, it'd be cool if pressing left and right would skip around in the file browser. Still, I'm very happy with this version. [emoji3]

Thanks for finding that. 0.6 Fixes the directory openning issue and adds support for DPAD Left/Right for folder navigation and Shoulder L/R for paging.

arcanine

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't completely understand what this homebrew does. I've got several Amiibos that I want to keep in their packaging (Mario 30th Anniversary, mega yarn Yoshi, Super Mario Maker box set) etc. With this tool, could I use my New 3DS to write an Amiibo backup (not backed up from my own Amiibo) to a blank NFC tag and use it as though it were the original Amiibo?

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Cannot replicate problem. Newly made tags on my end have blank nicknames and ask to be registered first. Can you describe the steps you’re taking to make the tags and how you’re verifying the tag names?
Have the same problem, tags are written fine but don't change the names. I use my NaMiiO and the NaMiiO software, which shows the name (if I write the Bowser amiibo for example it changes the tag's name to "bowserSmash" and for Link to "Link" etc.)

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't completely understand what this homebrew does. I've got several Amiibos that I want to keep in their packaging (Mario 30th Anniversary, mega yarn Yoshi, Super Mario Maker box set) etc. With this tool, could I use my New 3DS to write an Amiibo backup (not backed up from my own Amiibo) to a blank NFC tag and use it as though it were the original Amiibo?
Take a look at TagMo : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tagmo-tool-for-creating-editing-amiibos.431670/

This hombrew is essentialy version of TagMo, with all it's features and limitations (Except for the SSB editor for now).

Have the same problem, tags are written fine but don't change the names. I use my NaMiiO and the NaMiiO software, which shows the name (if I write the Bowser amiibo for example it changes the tag's name to "bowserSmash" and for Link to "Link" etc.)
What exactly do you mean? If you write to a blank tag the blank tag will become a clone of whatever original tag had including any customisations user registration etc. Are you saying that the cloned/restored tag has different information from the original?

arcanine

Trophies
XP
Country

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not going to go buy an NFC adapter when my phone can do this for free.
Not everyone has a smart phone with NFC capability. Heck, not everyone even has a smart phone. This just means that this application isn't useful to you. Also, I don't think that there's a smart phone app that can put the data back into an Amiibo.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about this with N2Elite? Would this work?

From what I understand, no. The N2Elite "pretends" to be an Amiibo and can switch between 200 Amiibo without needing a second N2Elite. The thing is that you still need an Android phone to control it with the app, and it has to be NFC enabled in order to talk to the N2Elite. (Correct me if I'm wrong. I always avoided getting one because I lack an Andeoid phone with NFC.)

Thenaya does take advantage of the 3DS' NFC capabilities, but it lacks the ability to talk with the N2Elite. Theoretically someone could try to replicate the functionality of the N2 Android app as a 3DS app, but I'm guessing it would be difficult. What Thenaya is good for is making duplicate Amiibo out of blank NFC tags. The difference is that you need one tag for each Amiibo you are making.

Last edited by Cralex,
Reactions: pandavova

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This tool is becomming very nice. Only thing i miss is that I am not able to scan a tag to see which ID it has without dumping it to a file. Offcourse I can remove the dumped file right afterwards though.

Keep up the good work!
ps after pushing the home button it shows 'Amiibo Maker (Aflpha 0.3)' while this is Thenaya 0.6. Might be because I installed over the 0.3 version?

Edit: I tried a 572 bytes file and it worked. Evenmore the new dumps also include the extra 32 bytes. Though from my self written amiibo's these extra bytes are empty. Dunno if that is also the case with retail amiibo.

Last edited by jaysea,

arcanine

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just installed the CIA version of this to make sure it at least attempts to write the tag before I actually buy some (don't want to waste money on tags I can't write). I'm running Luma 7.0 on A9LH, and get the following error when I try to attempt to write the tag:

StartOtherTagScanning() failed.
Failed to get UID: -928942488

Now, before I spend money on tags, can someone please confirm if this error message is just because no tag is present? Or is it something to do with my version of Luma or because I'm using A9LH instead of B9S?

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just installed the CIA version of this to make sure it at least attempts to write the tag before I actually buy some (don't want to waste money on tags I can't write). I'm running Luma 7.0 on A9LH, and get the following error when I try to attempt to write the tag:

StartOtherTagScanning() failed.
Failed to get UID: -928942488

Now, before I spend money on tags, can someone please confirm if this error message is just because no tag is present? Or is it something to do with my version of Luma or because I'm using A9LH instead of B9S?

What did you put on the scanner?

arcanine

Trophies
XP
Country
What did you put on the scanner?
Nothing. As I said, if this error is normal in the absence of a tag then this is fine of course. But if a missing tag should produce a different error and what I got is actually a result of a problem with my CFW setup (or something else) then I'll hold off on buying tags until I get that sorted.

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing. As I said, if this error is normal in the absence of a tag then this is fine of course. But if a missing tag should produce a different error and what I got is actually a result of a problem with my CFW setup (or something else) then I'll hold off on buying tags until I get that sorted.
That would explain it.
Do you have any actual amiibos? if you do you can back and restore the data to see if it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4