Best way to mod OG Xbox in 2023

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
A modchip/hardmod isn't required nor is it "better" than a properly installed softmod.
I have xecuter 3 in mine and can easily switch between banks for different bios's - also it's easy to test new bios versions out without worrying about bricking, so I would recommend a chip rather than a softmod. I have a 1.6 xbox and cerbios works on it.

Reactions: rantex92 and Kioku

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off you want a hardmod on you og box and depending on your model you wouldnt even need a modchip
1,4 sharp models as example

softmod is subotimal since bios flashing and reflashing is not possible and changing / upgrading your internal hdd wont be possible since it married to you console

and for the modchip i would say you should go for project stellar
https://makemhz.com/products/stellar

and heres a perfect site to guide you to the whole process
https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox:Getting_Started
this easiest method for non sharp tsop flashes is using quick dry conductive ink no solidering required

Izzthatright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's not a 1.6 revision console soft mod it and then look into doing a bios flash woth cerbios,( if you are uncomfortable with flashing the stock bios you can use a mod chip ) and upgrade the hdd. If it is a 1.6 revision console then get a mod chip. Open xenium is a good one, do not buy an aladin xt as they are all fakes and not flashable.
So you can flash cerbios to a softmod or does it need to be TSOP mod?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you can flash cerbios to a softmod or does it need to be TSOP mod?
no cerbios requires tsop (1.0-1.5) or an lpc rebuild+modchip (1.6(b) ) you need to hardmod to flash the bios you could also chip a 1.0-1.5 but 1.6 is required to chip since the tsop or w/e bios chip it uses is unflashable

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto