Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

gesaugen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try ModMii's hackmii solutions wizard/guide

Edit: btw your standard modmii guide should've instructed you to run the hackmii solutions wizard if u have issues on this particular step
I did. It says that I should upgrade to the latest installer from bootmiiDOTorg and I did that also and it didn't help (also I think that ModMii already uses latest bootmii by default)

dunno, Cyans advice about upgrading to 4.3 seems next logical step

gesaugen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hackmii solutions guide instructs you to do more than just that. I'm not disagreeing with Cyan, there's more than one fix.
could you please post the part of the guide with another solution?

Also I tried to set up the internet and I get error code 101304
Searching the net I can't find any good info about it

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you please post the part of the guide with another solution?

Also I tried to set up the internet and I get error code 101304
Searching the net I can't find any good info about it

That error code is related to the now shut down WiiConnect24 and shouldn't have anything to do with a system menu update or network configuration. I think maybe you should return that console.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to update console to 4.3 without the net?

You don't need the net to actually update the console. But you will need internet access to download the ModMii files. Seeing you're posting here you must have access to download the files.

The files you download will be placed onto an SD card for installation, no internet required while installing onto the Wii.

Edit: I should have pointed out that when you use the ModMii installer to download the files it will ask you what firmware your system is currently on and what you want to upgrade to. You'll select 4.3 for your region and those files will be part of the Wii installation process and will put you onto 4.3 when done.

Last edited by ca032769,
Reactions: XFlak

gesaugen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need the net to actually update the console. But you will need internet access to download the ModMii files. Seeing you're posting here you must have access to download the files.

The files you download will be placed onto an SD card for installation, no internet required while installing onto the Wii.

Edit: I should have pointed out that when you use the ModMii installer to download the files it will ask you what firmware your system is currently on and what you want to upgrade to. You'll select 4.3 for your region and those files will be part of the Wii installation process and will put you onto 4.3 when done.
ok, superb! Can you direct me how to do it? As I've written in the first post, it freezes on the warning screen while trying to ModMii update via SD card.

gesaugen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly: there's no problem with connectiong my PC to the internet, I can download anything to my PC and ModMii works perfectly on it.
Problem is only Wii which is v3.4E and I can't connect it (wii) to the internet to try to update it to v4.3 so I could try to crack it via hackmii (letterbomb) exploit because now on v3.4E I can't crack it via ModMii because the process freezes on the warning screen when I try to run it from my SD card (on which I have all files needed for ModMii process)

So, my only big question now is how to update from 3.4E to 4.E without the need for console to be able to connect to the internet because now it can't connect to the internet so I can't update it to 4.3 via official Nintendo update. I need the exact description how to update it to 4.3

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
XFlak asked something I think you didn't answer yet : did you follow all Hackmii solutions guide ? Could you quote the part of the guide modmii generated for you that is not working?
use the alternative guide to "fix" your system, not the one to hack it.
you said you tried to update, but that's all. What about the other solutions?

Like he said, there should be multiple way to hack a 3.4x console, and you don't need the network.
maybe the newest hackmii installer doesn't work on old system ? if it really does, I still hold old versions which can install without IOS58 or 61 if needed.

Do you have a 3DS or a WiiU too ?
Maybe you blocked the nintendo's servers URL to prevent these console to update automatically ? This is also affecting the Wii. verify you don't filter the servers (disable manual DNS, remove filters in your router or proxy etc.)

Last edited by Cyan,

waffeln

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Germany
I have a few questions regarding cIOSes. For all i understood, cIOSes are customized base IOSes taken from the Wii NAND and usually obtained via NUS Downloader or from inside any cIOS installer (like d2x-cIOS-installer 2.3). Those base IOS (like IOS 56 and 57) then get modified by the cIOS installer with the d2x software that is either provided by the installer like d2x-v6 or 'manually' by for instance downloading d2x-v8-final and adding it to the installer. You are then free to choose a destination for this generated cIOS, like common slots 249 and 250

So why are cIOS files generated by ModMii named with slots and d2x versions, when "the cIOS 249" doesn't actually exist? Is it just a recommendation for the destination? Same with the d2x version?
Someone told me that "IOS 249 isn't compatible with some USBs". Considering what i stated about this makes basically zero sense, or am i wrong?

There are a lot of things that i don't understand about IOSes and cIOSes the best practices for using them with USB Loaders so please if someone could shine some light on this i'd be very thankful.

Optimally if someone has Discord, it is my preferred method of messaging as i'm a lot faster to respond and basically only not reachable when i'm sleeping: waffeln#0001
In case of issues with finding people on Discord i can also be found on this server: Invite code: 29K9VnW

Best regards,
waffeln =)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions regarding cIOSes. For all i understood, cIOSes are customized base IOSes taken from the Wii NAND and usually obtained via NUS Downloader or from inside any cIOS installer (like d2x-cIOS-installer 2.3). Those base IOS (like IOS 56 and 57) then get modified by the cIOS installer with the d2x software that is either provided by the installer like d2x-v6 or 'manually' by for instance downloading d2x-v8-final and adding it to the installer. You are then free to choose a destination for this generated cIOS, like common slots 249 and 250

So why are cIOS files generated by ModMii named with slots and d2x versions, when "the cIOS 249" doesn't actually exist? Is it just a recommendation for the destination? Same with the d2x version?
Someone told me that "IOS 249 isn't compatible with some USBs". Considering what i stated about this makes basically zero sense, or am i wrong?

There are a lot of things that i don't understand about IOSes and cIOSes the best practices for using them with USB Loaders so please if someone could shine some light on this i'd be very thankful.

Optimally if someone has Discord, it is my preferred method of messaging as i'm a lot faster to respond and basically only not reachable when i'm sleeping: waffeln#0001
In case of issues with finding people on Discord i can also be found on this server: Invite code: 29K9VnW

Best regards,
waffeln =)

It's just a place to put them. The numbers are just slots and it's generally a bad idea to replace the official IOSes so you put them in an empty one. Nintendo never released any standard Wii IOSes over slot 80 except for the MIOS/BC ones so it's safe to use anything between those. Generally people say not to modify anything below 200 but I don't suppose it would matter if you put them in the 100s, either. (It might help to remember which one they are, in fact. 38=138, 56=156, etc.)

CloudvsRoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use Twihax circa 2008 to install WADs on my sysNAND. Finally got rid of that around 4 years ago and went with the full-blown emuNAND, Homebrew, USB Loader hacks. Did everything right, everything was hacked, have the main hacks on my SD and all of my games on a USB hard drive. But that hard drive died, so I redid it, and now I'm having emuNAND operation issues.

Currently, my FAT32 hard drive has game folder, nand folder, sneek folder, and wbfs folder. All the Wii and GC games work fine, so I figured I'd only need to remake the emuNANDs. I used the NAND builder with ModMii to create UNEEK+DI NANDs with all the options checked, default OS and serial. I made pl_us/us1 for WW and VC games, pl_jp for Japanese titles, and pl_eu for European exclusives. I used the same working WADs as I was using before, but none of the NAND games are working in either WiiFlow or USB Loader GX. I'm also going in and changing custom paths to save and load from their respective NANDs and using default settings that should be congruous with my previous build.

What am I doing wrong here that my NANDs won't work? Thanks in advance for any help.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I thought I was being smart by snagging a JPN Wii for $10. Figured I could just change the language to English and region to United states. Well not so fast, after comparing the menus there does not seem to be a LANGUAGE option in the SETTINGS.

While I've successfully used ModMii almost too may times to count, this is my first JPN Wii experience. Does anyone know if I mod it using ModMii and change the current 4.3J setup to 4.3U, will it now give me the language options to make it ENGLISH?

Last edited by ca032769,

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to just install the 4.3u system menu and all will be fine, but dont quote me on that
Well I thought I was being smart by snagging a JPN Wii for $10. Figured I could just change the language to English and region to United states. Well not so fast, after comparing the menus there does not seem to be a LANGUAGE option in the SETTINGS.

While I've successfully used ModMii almost too may times to count, this is my first JPN Wii experience. Does anyone know if I mod it using ModMii and change the current 4.3J setup to 4.3U, will it now give me the language options to make it ENGLISH?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po