Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Yanze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, so I don't have a normal/legacy SD-card ... what are my options? Is it really neccesary to launch a game based exploit or is there some other way? if not, where can I buy a normal D card?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if the Wii has never been modified before and doesn't already have the HBC installed or a forwarder channel of some sort installed, then u will need to use a game based exploit and an SD card.

You can find an SD card even in the Netherlands, lol, I did a quick google search and found this page: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-231571.html

They reference a bunch of sites like:
http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/97635
www.mobymemory.com

but u could probably even find one on ebay

Yanze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for your input, when i bought a DSi for my daughter the hacking stuff was a lot easier by just buying a prepared Acekard ;-)

I'll go digging into the stuff you mentioned!

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for this XFlak....

we're waiting
wink.gif
( no PM requiered
biggrin.gif
)

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
Savegames are located in:
title0010000\
Every folder in there contains a save game. Just copy all the contents of the 00010000 folder into the same location in the new NAND.
Couldn't get these to work.

Savegames don't appear, and the files were copied sucessfully to the right folders...

Does anyone know where does Wii save the info about the acceptance of the network agreement terms? In my SNEEK Nand, it is requesting me to do a System Update (it's a 4.2E) and I don't want to. I just wanted to able to use the Shopping Channel, but I cannot without accepting these terms, which I cannot without doing the System Update.

If I could find out in which folder it saves that information, I could replace the files with the ones I have in my real nand and I wouldn't have the problem anymore.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
Use showmiiwads and install wiishopchannel v20 and ios56 v5662
I did that already and it didn't work. In my real nand, it worked perfectly...but maybe it was because before I had already accepted the agreement terms...

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
try enabling priiloader system menu hacks on emu nand to block updates
Did that already and the popup still appears and then asks me if I want to connect to the internet to perform the update.

UPDATE: After all, I posted in the SNEEK+DI Quick Guide post and someone suggested me to download the EULAv3(E) and install it to the UNEEK Nand and it worked 100%!

@XFlak: what do you think of installing this by default on SNEEK/UNEEK ModMii generated Nands?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok just ran an update to update everything. ran great, always been easy to do.. but now i go to install a game. an it gives me the error code, can't write to ntfs, change=1 ?? it has done this on two game i just got. it did fine before this.. before it say's i can't write to ntfs. it says missing magic? this is on cfg loader, wiiflow will start but then stops..
unsure.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
shortz1994 said:
ok just ran an update to update everything. ran great, always been easy to do.. but now i go to install a game. an it gives me the error code, can't write to ntfs, change=1 ?? it has done this on two game i just got. it did fine before this.. before it say's i can't write to ntfs. it says missing magic? this is on cfg loader, wiiflow will start but then stops..
unsure.gif
Try the same I suggested here. It might work...

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install a game? Rip a game, run a game, create a channel for a game, install a vc ware game, be more specific?

atreyu187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet app this is the second Wii I modded with this app but I think you called it something else when I had my first Wii. Anyhow couldn't be easier thnaks a ton!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Wow, it's been awhile since someone has brought up the old name for ModMii... NUS Auto Downloader (aka NUSAD). The name is so nostalgic, lol, I think it's been close to a year since I changed the name...

5 min later...

turns out I changed the name in August 2010... back then I never thought I'd ever get used to calling it ModMii instead of NUSAD... a lot has changed since then, lol

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
title0010000\
Every folder in there contains a save game. Just copy all the contents of the 00010000 folder into the same location in the new NAND. I tried this & my uneek+di nand would not load I had about 118mb of saved games. Also I have 2 nands i need to copy saves over from, 1 for wii games and 1 for VC WW games however I only used the most recent nand off my real Wii.QUOTECouldn't get these to work.

Savegames don't appear, and the files were copied sucessfully to the right folders...

Does anyone know where does Wii save the info about the acceptance of the network agreement terms? In my SNEEK Nand, it is requesting me to do a System Update (it's a 4.2E) and I don't want to. I just wanted to able to use the Shopping Channel, but I cannot without accepting these terms, which I cannot without doing the System Update.

If I could find out in which folder it saves that information, I could replace the files with the ones I have in my real nand and I wouldn't have the problem anymore.
I'm having the same problem referencing game saves. I used giantprunes nand extractor & copied over COD:BO folder 53433745 over into title/00010000/ of emulated nand and it does not even show up. If I try to backup from real nand with Bluedump (non fakesign) I get a DSI error
frown.gif
I've tried loading Savegame Manager GX via AHPBROT test.dol and it doesnt work on uneek+di.

If you guys could suggest anything else that would be great. On the plus side I was able to copy over all my Mii's however it still prompts me to make a fresh one when I first launch Mii Channel.

Maybe I should post this in the sneek/uneek+di thread LoL

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
kylster said:
QUOTE said:
title0010000\
Every folder in there contains a save game. Just copy all the contents of the 00010000 folder into the same location in the new NAND.
QUOTE said:
Couldn't get these to work.

I'm having the same problem referencing game saves. I used giantprunes nand extractor & copied over COD:BO folder 53433745 over into title/00010000/ of emulated nand and it does not even show up. If I try to backup from real nand with Bluedump (non fakesign) I get a DSI error
frown.gif
I've tried loading Savegame Manager GX via AHPBROT test.dol and it doesnt work on uneek+di.

If you guys could suggest anything else that would be great. On the plus side I was able to copy over all my Mii's however it still prompts me to make a fresh one when I first launch Mii Channel.
I've received from Burton (thanks), this info (I didn't try it yet):

burton
Some games save their data in 00010004 too ie Mario Kart Wii (check SGMGX save folders to verify this like I did) so it should be:
title \ 10000 and title \ 010004
Every folder in there contains a save game. Just copy all the contents of the 00010000 and 00010004 folders into the same location in the new NAND.

I learned this the hard way as I noticed my progress with Mario Kart appeared lost somehow but I found the reason some time later.

lizzygav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why does the HBC have to use IOS58?
Mine is not, do i have to reinstall?
"If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your HBC is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC."

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
lizzygav said:
Why does the HBC have to use IOS58?
Mine is not, do i have to reinstall?
"If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your HBC is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC."
If you're following ModMii's guide, as it seems, just do everything it says and you should be fine.

I also did that to mine and I had no issues. Just remember to uninstall and install without leaving the app, to be faster and easier.

lizzygav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did not use the modmii to install the homebrew channel. Right now I have HBC version 1.0.7 and it is IOS61 v.2230. Everything is working fine and I have Neogamma install and play back up discs.
I was thinking of using Modmii to update everything and add so apps or should I just leave everything as is?? I am a 43 yr old woman and new to all of this, the fact that i manged to do it at all is a miracle to me.
Thanks for the advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows