Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

DJ_Eric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice app. Thanx a lot. I didn't think it could have been this easy to do. Now I'm glad I didn't sell my wii.
yaywii.gif

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for another great release XFlak
wink.gif

I noticed that on Page 2 of batch downloads, when you select J (just for fun), all Wii Apps are selected too. Is this intentional?

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
XFlak, may I suggest adding the option "choose folder"/"enter install path" while installing? I got only C:/ModMii (I don't install things in C: drive; that's just for OS) and the folder where the installer is, as options, which is considered "Portable" (it's an other partition of the same HDD). By the way, I'm not in building system menus, but new cIOSes, Wiiflow (+CFG) and updated WBM are great.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
No that was not intentional, it was a minor oversight on my part, I just fixed it and reuploaded it (still called v4.4.0), so the first 400 ppl who downloaded the English version and the first 100 who downloaded the French version can just redownload v4.4.0 to get the fix (its so minor that most people won't even notice).

Sorry to those first 500 ppl who downloaded v4.4.0, but I really don't want to update ModMii to v4.4.1 so soon and for something soooooo minor.
biggrin.gif

Zod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
hello again,... what are the differences for the new cios 249? It is ok to change the older one? I mean the one from 1 week ago... And if yes how should i do that? I need to uninstall first the previous version and after that to install the new one?

An another noob question.... Is any way to install forwarder for neogamma? And if yes how to do it?

Thank in advance for your response.

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i were to re soft mod, do i need to start from the beginning as if my wii was a virgin? for example. reinstalling hbc, bootmii2, patch ios236, and etc.. i never used any other wii soft mod besides your application for modding my wii. so this should overwrite anything in my previous soft modded? thx

ankc

Trophies
XP
Country
so i managed to hack my virgin wii and install everything and want to use neogamma,CFG loader and any other recommended loaders but using modmii you can only load the application from sd card....can someone point me to where i should download the installation channel so that i can run the loaders without having to constantly have an sd card in the wii...thx

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
For CFG you don't need a SD card. I haven't used NeoGamma or any other loader, but, as for CFG, if you followed ModMii's guide, you should have its folder in your USB (FAT32 partition) root. So far, I managed to run many apps (WiiXplorer, Savegames Manager, MMM, CFG loader etc.) without a SD card. I just can't run HomeBrew Browser (with ou without a SD card yet). Everything else is running flawless.

But I'd like to ask the same thing Zod asked. What's the difference between the cIOS? Should I update if no game showed any problem so far? If so, how should I proceed? (I tried copying them to the SD card and using WAD Manager in MMM but I get an error, probably because I already have cIOS249/250?)

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
so with this, users can make wii stock again (clean with no mods) and reinstall trucha and have the latest bits needed for homebrew/backups

wii feels messed and wouls like a clean reinstall so will this do it?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ganons, it is impossible to ever make a wii stock again (see page 100 of this thread for explanation). However, ModMii is able to resoftmod your Wii as if it were a virgin and it will safely and cleanly update all your softmods

@Ato Puro and Zod, if your current cIOS can do everything you throw at it, just leave it alone. All you need for 99% of things is cIOS249v20[57], call of duty black ops requires either 224 base 57 (which was recommended before ModMii v4.4.0) or cIOS249/250 with base 57 (and now ModMii recommends installing 250 base 57). So even if u want to play COD BO, and you used a version of ModMii under v4.4.0, u can still do so by using cIOS224.

edit: to get triiforce working, u need cIOSv17b or cIOSv14. But not many people use triiforce anymore, especially when you can run VC and WiiWare games off of SNEEK/UNEEK

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Xflak, I just want to say thank you for your work and support you put on ModMii. I personly will never have to use it, but it's a awesome tool anyway. Keep it up bro.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hey everyone, I just updated the ModMii Installer from v2.0 to v2.1. Enjoy!

@Wiibricker, thx for the kind words! I hope you decide to use ModMii one day, its awesome even for professional wii modders!

edit: ModMii Installer v2.0 should stop working properly, so be sure to update to v2.1

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks for your answer, basically it will update all the ios cios to the latest version? Will it keep all the save games intact? Which sys menu will be installed?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there is no problem with installing the custom theme as provided by ModMii... even if u were to somehow get an official update from nintendo, it will just overwrite the theme (anytime a system menu is installed, it will overwrite priiloader and any installed themes). Presumably all your IOSs are up to date from the last time u used ModMii, so to help u install a theme and only a theme, disable ModMii's update active IOSs option, then run the wizard, then tell it your wii is not a virgin, answer no to all the questions except answer yes for downloading a theme

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...