shadow_cruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Amazing program XFlak:). Super easy and quick. A donation is coming your way to thank a fellow Ontario resident
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here again,
Still amazing, but the only thing i can think of improving is the USB loader section. I think it needs to support (1)WBFS and (2)WBFS/Fat32. My drive is formatted to 5gig fat32 and 65gig WBFS. I find it a nice combo. Otherwise, Wonderful!

-misterb98

satannuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misterb98 said:
Here again,
Still amazing, but the only thing i can think of improving is the USB loader section. I think it needs to support (1)WBFS and (2)WBFS/Fat32. My drive is formatted to 5gig fat32 and 65gig WBFS. I find it a nice combo. Otherwise, Wonderful!

-misterb98

+1

I just used ModMii for the first few times this past week... Great work on this!!
I've been using different methods over the past few years to hard/soft mod a few wiis, and this is by far the most complete All-in-one soft-mod program ever.

I did a virgin 3.2U to 4.2U for USB loading in no time at all... most time was spent adding games to the hdd.

and I also updated my personal launch-era wii with wiikey 1 which has been softmodded several times, and was recently in need of some updating...
I was already at 4.2, but had old IOS and Cios versions installed. So I ran the wii through yer 4.2U vergin to 4.2U guide to update and also used the USBLoader guide to make the switch from my previously installed loader [GX] to the pleasantly packaged and constantly updated Config loader...

as previously mentioned, I would also like to see WBFS and FAT32/WBFS support in the USBLoader section, as I've also use a fat32 partition for covers/homebrew ect.. amd a second larger WBFS partition for games.

elricorico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to put in my own thanks here, I've soft-modded 5 Wii's before all manually, and today I picked up a used Wii and decided to give ModMii a shot. Certainly was thorough and convenient. Went off with only one hitch, for whatever reason the system menu wad didn't install on the first try(in the batch install). Worked just fine on a second attempt though.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
elricorico said:
Just wanted to put in my own thanks here, I've soft-modded 5 Wii's before all manually, and today I picked up a used Wii and decided to give ModMii a shot. Certainly was thorough and convenient. Went off with only one hitch, for whatever reason the system menu wad didn't install on the first try(in the batch install). Worked just fine on a second attempt though.
thats because u didn't install the system menu IOS first, and MMM wouldn't allow u to install the SM without first installing its IOS. It's actually a great precaution
biggrin.gif
Both YAWMM and MMM have built in brick protection that way
biggrin.gif

@misterb98 and satannuts, wbfs and wbfs/fat32 is the way of the dinosaur in my opinion, when it first came around, it was the best setup, but since then times have changed, and I would never recommend that setup to anyone, as it has zero benefit over 100% fat32. There is only one option I think I maybe should add, which is "4) I already have WBFS or WBFS/FAT32 and don't want to change" option. I'm not trying to discourage your opinions, and if a lot of people feel it is worth of being added to the list, i can do that, but given that no1 is recommending wbfs to new users in the first place... why bother? I mean, if some1 already has wbfs then they probably wouldn't need to use the usb-loader setup guide, and if they did, and they insisted on keeping their current setup then they could just skip the formatting steps of the ModMii guide (wiibackupmanager is perfectly capable of managing wbfs partitions and cfg usb loader is perfectly capable of playing off wbfs partitions!
biggrin.gif
)

PS. thx a lot for the compliments on the app! I'm happy u guys had a positive experience!

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a great program. But once the installization of what I needed began, using the modwii wizard, I received the following error 'NUSD.EXE .net framework initilzation error. To run app you must install net framework v.2.0.50727.

I've read though that simply installing this won't solve the problem. Any recommendations to go about fixing the problem?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Prior22 said:
Seems like a great program. But once the installization of what I needed began, using the modwii wizard, I received the following error 'NUSD.EXE .net framework initilzation error. To run app you must install net framework v.2.0.50727.

I've read though that simply installing this won't solve the problem. Any recommendations to go about fixing the problem?
That's weird... I could've sworn that nusd.exe bundled with ModMii was the version wiininja released that uses .NET framework 3.5, not 2.0... odd. Either way, performing a normal windows update should install everything u r missing/require... but u may as well just use burritoboy9984's link above

satannuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@misterb98 and satannuts, wbfs and wbfs/fat32 is the way of the dinosaur in my opinion, when it first came around, it was the best setup, but since then times have changed, and I would never recommend that setup to anyone, as it has zero benefit over 100% fat32. There is only one option I think I maybe should add, which is "4) I already have WBFS or WBFS/FAT32 and don't want to change" option. I'm not trying to discourage your opinions, and if a lot of people feel it is worth of being added to the list, i can do that, but given that no1 is recommending wbfs to new users in the first place... why bother? I mean, if some1 already has wbfs then they probably wouldn't need to use the usb-loader setup guide, and if they did, and they insisted on keeping their current setup then they could just skip the formatting steps of the ModMii guide (wiibackupmanager is perfectly capable of managing wbfs partitions and cfg usb loader is perfectly capable of playing off wbfs partitions!
biggrin.gif
)

PS. thx a lot for the compliments on the app! I'm happy u guys had a positive experience!

..."dinosaur" lol

thanks for the info - it puts everything into a better perspective.

I previously had my usb set up with fat32/wbfs for using USBLoaderGX...
and recently made the switch from GX to config loader...
later, I used yer Modmii usbloader guide to set up another wii and was impressed by the loader's setup compared to my personal setup...
You even had a few themes i was looking for... well done.
smile.gif

SO personally, for me and a few others, having #4:
"4) I already have WBFS or WBFS/FAT32 and don't want to change"

nikolaides

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome... Thanks for the help at all...

I wanna know which you reccomend for a 4.3U... I mean, if both are ok, which one is a LITTLE more accurate: Indiana Pawns or the Smash Bros one!?!?

Tnx for the help....

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, in the long run you end up with the same thing
smile.gif
All the games do is use an exploit to launch the hackmii installer. After that, it doesn't matter...

-Erik

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep, both are just an exploit to launch the HackMii Installer (like Yu-Gi-Ho for PAL Wii's) so there is no difference at all from a merely functional point of view.
Feel free to choose the game you prefer, own or find out more easily.

@XFlak
ModMii is a great tool. Keep up the good work!
cool.gif

Thanks
happy.gif

princealbertofpa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have had my wii hacked for well over a year and i keep telling friends & family that they should do the same. even though i take my wii over to their house to copy their games. they say, look at all those games you have, and i say that i copy them from "you" or download them from online. at which point we start to play the various games on MY wii...

so i decided to try ModMii. a-fucking-men!!! super easy to mod. i printed the guide, so that i could take any notes incase there were any hiccups - not one!!! now i am currently switching from the usb loader gx "dinosaur" to the one in the ModMii guide. this is very easy as well. just time consuming moving my games - but understood.

THANKS for all of your (plural) efforts. everybody should be using this method!!!!
yaywii.gif

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xFlak, love you. Just modded another Wii w/ ModMii.

When my parents are not in control anymore of my money, I will donate!

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
this is very good stuff for newbs and pros alike.

i espeacially like the way it has description on what options does and the pro and cons too, so it kidda give you assurance that you know what your doing and not blindly flowing a guide that you dont know what that do.

keep up the ggod work!
yaywii.gif

DSTTSTINKYCARD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi XFlak
what a superb program, just found it tonight,been having a play with it

if a 3.2 wii has been previously modified with an old version of cioscorp, it will give no vun ios found message,whilst trying to run the hackmii installer
i usualy just run the cioscorp uninstaller then run the hackmii installer (takes rather a long time)

in your ModMii program it says run hackmii solutions, which says to install IOS58v6176
is this ios safe to install with cioscorp installed
if so it would save me some time as i have to mod a couple of 3.2 wii's

thanks

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
DSTTSTINKYCARD said:
hi XFlak
what a superb program, just found it tonight,been having a play with it

if a 3.2 wii has been previously modified with an old version of cioscorp, it will give no vun ios found message,whilst trying to run the hackmii installer
i usualy just run the cioscorp uninstaller then run the hackmii installer (takes rather a long time)

in your ModMii program it says run hackmii solutions, which says to install IOS58v6176
is this ios safe to install with cioscorp installed

yes, its totally safe to install to on ANY Wii, and it is the preferred IOS for the HackMii Installer to use

if so it would save me some time as i have to mod a couple of 3.2 wii's

thanks
you should also note that ModMii will update all of your other 'corped IOSs if you are starting on firmware less than 4.3 (you can disable this in ModMii's options if you want to keep darkcorp installed), effectively uninstalling dark/cios corp without requiring the use of the darkcorp (un)installer

edit:
@princealbertofpa, Majroa and happydance,
thanks a lot for all the positive feedback! I love hearing it! If you can think of anything I can do to make the ModMii experience better, I'd love to hear about it! Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==