• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 825
  • Replies 3
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Let me try something new. Here is a thread you can say the Best, Worst, Runner-Up Best song, and even underrated and overrated song in the album. And we can discuss it! Maybe learn some new music

I'll go first. The album i'll do is The Pod by Ween

thepod-560x560.jpg

Best
Dr. Rock

Runner-Up
Sketches Of Winkle

Worst
Molly

Overrated
The Stallion

Underrated
Right to the Ways and the Rules of the World

Reactions: RustInPeace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horse Rotorvator by Coil
A concept album that I feel marked the very peak of industrial music during its very short golden age between the 80s and early 90s. A seamless blend of menacing synths, pounding drum machines and classically-inspired compositions that would almost put Pink Floyd to shame.
R-99925-1491880142-6677.jpeg.jpg

Best: Ostia (The Death of Pasolini)
A complex, otherworldy piece about...well, the death of Pasolini, who I believe directed that nasty 120 Days in Sodom movie.

Runner up: Penetralia
A hard-hitting industrial rock track that also manages to include a violin and a de-tuned trumpet (they mesh quite well, surprisingly) along with almost indecipherable radio chatter. I read that it was supposed signify the point in which mankind was eliminated by the Horse Rotorvator machine.

Worst: Circles of Mania
Dude yells and mumbles and giggles like an idiot and the backing track isn't that great. Weird effect on the vocals, too. I skip this one automatically. I feel it tarnished an almost perfect full-album experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again