Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are 3 already released in the (U) region, with another coming later, but of the 3 out now, which are the best? Which is the worst?

My friend's kid has a birthday coming up and she asked for a Kirby game, but she didn't say which one. She has no flashcart and so I'd need to get her legit carts.

Now, you guys should know by now that I consider games like these far too cutesy for my tastes, so I wouldn't know the good ones from the bad. I figure that since they've been out a while, I might get her the 2 best ones since I could probably get them cheap used. But I haven't a clue about these games at all.

So if you guys could give me some suggestions, that would be great. Maybe a breakdown of what makes each good or bad would be helpful. Remember to stick to the already released ones in the (U) region.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For classic Kirby plus tons of minigames, Kirby Super Star Ultra is great. It has different game modes that have different mechanics, but it teaches you how to play each one.

Kirby Squeak Squad (I think that was the name) is just plain Kirby. Nothing really special.

Kirby Mass Attack is basically Pikmin Kirby. Really easy to play too (just use the stylus, no buttons)

EDIT: Oh whoops, (U).

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I go with the KSSU recommendations.
smile.gif

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Kirby Super Star Ultra, although none of the Kirby games for the DS are bad. Even Canvas Curse, the worst of the three, has its charm.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Canvas Curse is the worst one of the 3 already in America? I'm only asking because it hasn't been mentioned yet.

EDIT: heh, it got mentioned.

OK, thanks guys! I'll go look for SSU and Squeak Squad. There are a couple Mom & Pop type shops around here that have games cheaper than Gamestop, so I'm gonna go look around.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Agree on Kirby Super Star Ultra, easy to pick up and put down, just generally fun. It's lots of small (and some not so small) games in one.

Couldn't get into Canvas Curse, it's just.. wrong.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in order my list goes

kirby super star ultra
kirby squeak squad
kirby canvas curse

dont know where kirby mass attack goes in the list(probably get an idea after i beat it)

oh since its a gift get super star ultra it has the highest replay value of the three in my opinion

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Canvas Curse isn't a standard kirby game (like how Mario Party isn't a standard mario platforming game).

Of the two left I'm split. Super Star Ultra is essentially an enhanced port of the SNES game so if he's played that he won't have as much fun, but it does have more to do than Squeak Squad (which is a more standard platform game).

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to bump quite an old thread.

But I wanted to give my two cents.

I loved Kirby Squeak Squad to death. It isn't too hard, but not too easy either. I'd totally suggest picking that one up.

I cannot comment on Canvas Curse since I never played it, but I can totally say I had no fun playing Super Star Ultra. Seemed... unkirby like to me.

But Kirby Squeak Squad should be perfect for a kid.Not much of a story, and totally cute, and easy to understnad without reading(Unlike a game like Pokemon).

So, I'd totally recommend that Squeak Squad.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got her Squeak Squad and her dad got her Super Star Ultra, so she should like at least one of them, if not both. The local shop we got them at had SS for $8 and SSU for $12, so we just bought both.

I'm gonna close this thread as there is no longer a use for it. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work