smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say they were the best at all, not much is going on in them either. Even the GC ports of RE4 & Zelda TP were better.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll agree that they look very life like, but still... this is the DS section... will a mod PLEASE move this to Wii, or close this?

One thing to remember, the Wii wasn't designed to have OMGTHESEGFXROXORHARDL337!!one1 graphics, it was designed for Innovative gameplay... anyone can make a next gen console with lifelike graphics (coughSonycoughMicrosoftcough) but you are still using BUTTONS to do stuff...

Now, when I pick up Zelda TP, yes, I'm still using buttons and joysticks, but there's no ATTACK button... you have to actually do something (swing the remote)... after the Wii Remote was a HUGE success, what did Sony and MS do? 6axis and motion control... yup...

Give me a NEW way to play a game, and I don't care if it has 8bit graphics! Remake Super Mario Bros (NES) but give me a full body suit that makes me actually JUMP and RUN (in place), and I'll freakin pre-order that bitch!

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Yeah but it would be like the Wii Fit, sitting in the corner ;D
As the kid goes and plays a real game on the PS3, most of which dont even use 6 Axis. Why? Because buttons and D-Pad/thumb sticks are still the best way to control things.

light_kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Turmoil said:
Yeah but it would be like the Wii Fit, sitting in the corner ;D
As the kid goes and plays a real game on the PS3, most of which dont even use 6 Axis. Why? Because buttons and D-Pad/thumb sticks are still the best way to control things.

I thought the 6 Axis was just a piece of garbage, isn't that why the majority of games don't utilize it?

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
there`s a very simple reason why those graphics look good, you you pay attention that the shots where you have the best gfx are of very small areas, like a dog in front of a house, or in a room.. you're not rendering miles and miles of terrain there so they can pump up the textures, poly count, lightning fx and stuff a lot, but any bigger area than that, greater number of characters onscreen etc.. and you'll still get the bland textures and low poly models same as all wii games, the same reason why nintendogs still haves one of the best gfx on the DS

edit: and of course, good developers make a big difference, but still it`s all about what the wii can and can't do

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Some lightning effects are actually pretty nice considering what's average on the console, but honestly, the resolution doesn't look like something the Wii could do without a lot of jaggies. I call bullshots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.