Homebrew Best GBA emulator for New3DS?

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Retroarch gPSP is useless until the dynarec random crashing is fixed. It's in 1.3.3. as well, so don't bother unless you want to deal with a really frustrating bug. Just use VC injection, it's very rudimentary but runs (almost) every game perfectly.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd... I've personally never had a problem with Retroarch's gPSP port crashing or displaying and strange "lines." Works GREAT for me. Tried the English patched version of Mother 3 on it and it runs so well I can even get the timed hits to the beat correctly.

Reactions: TimX24968B

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Odd... I've personally never had a problem with Retroarch's gPSP port crashing or displaying and strange "lines." Works GREAT for me. Tried the English patched version of Mother 3 on it and it runs so well I can even get the timed hits to the beat correctly.

1.3.3. did have an issue with a line running horizontally across the top of the screen, however this is hidden when you apply a video filter. The crashing is certainly still there, however it affects some games more than others. Games like Metroid Fusion, Metal Slug Advance, and WarioWare all crashed very frequently for me on 1.3.3. (Keep in mind you can disable dynarec to get rid of the crashing, but this significantly reduces performance)

If you still want to use Retroarch gPSP, I'd suggest going with the latest nightly instead. It seems to be a little more stable. As well, the line issue has been fixed, and 3D has also been enabled, allowing for a much crisper image.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.3.3. did have an issue with a line running horizontally across the top of the screen, however this is hidden when you apply a video filter. The crashing is certainly still there, however it affects some games more than others. Games like Metroid Fusion, Metal Slug Advance, and WarioWare all crashed very frequently for me on 1.3.3. (Keep in mind you can disable dynarec to get rid of the crashing, but this significantly reduces performance)

If you still want to use Retroarch gPSP, I'd suggest going with the latest nightly instead. It seems to be a little more stable. As well, the line issue has been fixed, and 3D has also been enabled, allowing for a much crisper image.
I've been using 1.3.2. The horizontal lines only seem to be on transitional screens for me, so its not really a bother. I went to go test it after reading this and it crashed about 10 seconds in, haha. Literally the first crash I've had. What timing!

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the later ones seem to have more screen tearing in them so thats why I decide to stick to 1.3.3

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
the later ones seem to have more screen tearing in them so thats why I decide to stick to 1.3.3

The tearing has been fixed as of about a week ago. I'd strongly suggest using the nightlies... Especially now as the developers are actively working on it again.

Last edited by coinblock,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tearing has been fixed as of about a week ago. I'd strongly suggest using the nightlies... Especially now as the developers are actively working on it again.
got it. Ill see if there are improvements from my 1.3.3 stable.

Just checked it, didn't notice much of a change from before, but that is only one game. same slowdowns in the same 3 places of emerald(saving, title screen, and battle transition)

Last edited by TimX24968B,

Varon12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played Mother 3 with mGba to make games more playable enable a small amount of frame skip just like with old snes emulators. I also played sword of mana recently although that game even lags on a real Game Boy Advance.

Last edited by Varon12,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn