Hacking Best GBA bang-for-the-buck?

daroga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all!

I currently own a DS-X and an old F2A Flash Cart. After using the DS-X for DS stuff, I'm sooo spoiled that the thought of using the F2A cart and clunky linker annoys me. So, I'm looking to maybe invest in a different solution.

I've been doing reading on this site and others, but I wanted to get some opinions from users here. Really, I don't care about the GBA cart's ability to do any DS stuff (have the DS-X for that), so looking for a solution that would have good GBA compatibility (seems SuperCard is out?) and a large chunk of memory (even with trimmed files, the 32MB on my F2A is a joke
wink.gif
). Have removable media is attractive, but not necessary. Any suggestions?

It seems the best option is one of the M3 varieties, but for the moment, that's a little beyond my price range. Is there a decent place to maybe get something older and/or used for a good price? I don't care much about it being the slimmest Lite, whatever model. I'd likely be using it primarily in my SP, so something the size of a GBA cart is plenty small.

Anyway, just thought I'd see what the consensus here was. Thanks for all the help guys!
smile.gif

daroga

daroga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply! The EZF4 looks like it might be a better option for the price.

One thing I would like the ability to do with a Slot-2 cart is be able to backup saved games from retail DS carts and put them back onto retail DS carts. Is that possible with the EZFIV?

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply! The EZF4 looks like it might be a better option for the price.

One thing I would like the ability to do with a Slot-2 cart is be able to backup saved games from retail DS carts and put them back onto retail DS carts. Is that possible with the EZFIV?

the G6 can do that

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! The EZF4 looks like it might be a better option for the price.

One thing I would like the ability to do with a Slot-2 cart is be able to backup saved games from retail DS carts and put them back onto retail DS carts. Is that possible with the EZFIV?

I've haven't tried it yet but the homebrew Rein is supposed to be able to do that. Here a link to an EZIV version of Rein:

http://nds.cmamod.com/ez4/rein_17a_ez4.zip

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The EZFlash 4 has expandable memory and is overall much cheaper, even when you factor in the price of a memory card.

daroga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for all the posts, everyone.

I think I may actually end up selling my DS-X and investing in both an M3 Lite and an M3 Simply. No real reason save for a friend of mine has been using M3's products since the beginning and I'd like to tap into his expertise. The DS-X is great and has a lot of potential, but I think for me an M3 makes more sense at this point.

Thanks for all thoughts! It did indeed help and get me reading about different things!
smile.gif

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Thank you for all the posts, everyone.

I think I may actually end up selling my DS-X and investing in both an M3 Lite and an M3 Simply. No real reason save for a friend of mine has been using M3's products since the beginning and I'd like to tap into his expertise. The DS-X is great and has a lot of potential, but I think for me an M3 makes more sense at this point.

Thanks for all thoughts! It did indeed help and get me reading about different things!
smile.gif

Id go for the R4, instead of the M3 Simply, cus its cheaper, and updates and shiz will be first. The M3 Simply is basically a batch of R4s slightly modified so that M3 dont lose any money in the Slot1 race while they bring out their M3 Real

daroga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Id go for the R4, instead of the M3 Simply, cus its cheaper, and updates and shiz will be first. The M3 Simply is basically a batch of R4s slightly modified so that M3 dont lose any money in the Slot1 race while they bring out their M3 Real
What? The R4 has been the exact same price as the M3 everywhere I've looked.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I took "most bang for the buck" to mean "most bang for the buck", not the absolute best. Yes, the M3 is the best card around, if you don't mind the higher price.

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? The R4 has been the exact same price as the M3 everywhere I've looked.

a whole $3 less on bamboogaming!
tongue.gif
R4 got better reviews though. I love mine, although I've no experience with other cards, so that's not really much to go by.

Bamboogaming will get you when you check out through paypal. They convert currency with the current exchange price. When I bought my R4 it was $46 shipped. If I had known they did this and shipped from China I wouldn't have ordered from them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up