Hacking Best card for the money for DS on 3DS

sentinel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, My question is: Whats the best card for the 3DS to run DS games and homebrew taking in consideration cost (lower the better) or which would you recommend? Im soon to have a 3DS and would like to get a good flashcart for the DS games. I had an original R4 but that is dead now. Thanks in advance!

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SuperCard DSTWO*
AceKard 2i**
R4i Gold 3DS***

* = Reliable, stable updates and can run GBA games and special homebrews. Feature-packed cart but costs $30-$40 depending on where you buy it
** = Reliable, stable updates and relatively cheap (I think I saw them somewhere for like $15-$20)
*** = Similar to AceKard 2i with reliable updates and taking in costs

So it really just depends on if you want extra features like more advanced homebrew and GBA games on your DS cart but costs a little more than other reliable carts. If you want reliability and lower costs you'll go with AceKard 2i or R4i Gold 3DS, but if you're willing to spend a little more you can get many more features, just remember _not_ to expect any DS carts to run 3DS games now or ever.

Reactions: 1 person

sentinel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I know that for now nothing runs 3DS roms. Thanks for the help and as soon as I get the 3DS ill see which I can buy since 30 - 40 for a DSTWO is not that bad.

darkx12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks.
I don't mean to steal this thread, but it is pretty much exactly what I was looking for and I would prefer not to clutter the forum.
Are we able to discuss a good place to purchase the dstwo? I searched and I have been unable to find anything I am confident in.
Any help is greatly appreciated. :-D

emugirl1994

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
formspring.me
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks.
I don't mean to steal this thread, but it is pretty much exactly what I was looking for and I would prefer not to clutter the forum.
Are we able to discuss a good place to purchase the dstwo? I searched and I have been unable to find anything I am confident in.
Any help is greatly appreciated. :-D

A reliable place that I've used to order an AceKard 2i before is Real Hot Stuff. They're based in New Jersey in the US so if you want faster shipping times, the premium price for their flashcarts is worth it since they throw in free priority mail shipping. I live in California and it only took about 3 or 4 days for my AK2i to ship.

darkx12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A reliable place that I've used to order an AceKard 2i before is Real Hot Stuff. They're based in New Jersey in the US so if you want faster shipping times, the premium price for their flashcarts is worth it since they throw in free priority mail shipping. I live in California and it only took about 3 or 4 days for my AK2i to ship.

Hey thanks for the info
At that site it is $40. Seems like a fair price.

I leave my 3DS online 24/7 so I am pretty sure I have the latest updates. Will this be an issue at all?

emugirl1994

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
formspring.me
XP
Country
United States

Hey thanks for the info

I leave my 3DS online 24/7 so I am pretty sure I have the latest updates. Will this be an issue at all?

I don't think it should be, but then again I don't own a 3DS myself. I'm pretty sure though if there was some major firmware version you should avoid it'd come up here on the Temp under some headline saying "Don't update your 3DS unless you want to brick your flashcart"

eggwolio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or $12.50, takes a little longer to ship, comes ready for your updated 3DS: http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/acekard_2i_dsi_1_4_3_original_in_promo_only_one_piece_per_order.html

Too bad you want the DSTwo, and not the Acekard. I'm good at reading. Ignore me, carry on.

darkx12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get all my flashcarts from modchipcenteral. They're located in California and ship out of California, three days is all it took for any order to get to my door. The DStwo is less than 38.00 there + S&H.

darkx12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get all my flashcarts from modchipcenteral. They're located in California and ship out of California, three days is all it took for any order to get to my door. The DStwo is less than 38.00 there + S&H.

I will order from there in a couple hours if no one else has any recommended sites.

darkx12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the DSTwo from leetmod.com because they take paypal, which I feel much safer with.
It had an option of including the 3DS firmware update for version 2.0 for $1.00 extra, but since I have v3.0 I thought it would be pointless since I have to upgrade it anyway.
I chose the quicker shipping option of 2-3 days for $5.95 which brought the total price to $45.94.
I am very excited to try this thing out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday