awssk8er

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, as most people here probably know, "most" Best Buys have a Nintendo 3DS kiosk in their store now.

Since Best Buy's website does not have a list of locations or anything like that, I think it would be helpful to get a little list going.

I just called four different Best Buys, and had to wait on hold for around 30 minutes, so I think this thread could save people some time if they want to go try one out.

(So far, all four of them said they didn't have one, so the list is empty... but I could update this original post if enough people post the locations of where they played one).

Edit:

List so far:

Emeryville, California

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
emeryville california

i check it out yesterday. they only have the pilotwings demo. i couldn't see the home screen or make a mii of my penis.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Midland, TX

I was able to get to the home menu by turning the unit off and back on. The 3DS feels like it's attached to the display but it's just a really strong (non-damaging to electronics) magnet. The 3DS is still attached with a heavy duty cable, but can be freely moved around for the most part to make use of Face Raiders.

B

ball2012003

Damn they actually have one that's near me, looks like a I have plans for Saturday. Milpitas California.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, something's strange. They list a location near me as having it, but I was just there today, they DO NOT have one. Do not fully trust the Nintendo link, call your Best Buy first.

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I checked the locator, and I have one store that has it, right next to me! Looks like I'll be going there tomorrow!
toot.gif

awssk8er

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Here is Nintendo's own 3DS demo kiosk locator. Quite useful indeed!

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/events/locator/
Sweet! They just put this up within the last few days.

Edit: The closest Best Buy to me said they weren't getting one before launch... but it's on here. I'll go after work tomorrow. I'm not expecting them to have it though.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Went to the Best Buy in Sacramento, CA, on Arden Way to confirm if the BB locator was correct. They have a demo kiosk there with the Pilotwings Resort demo. While I didn't spend a lot of time playing the game, my main focus was to see how the 3D worked.

So, doe it work well? Very well imo. The game itself showed off more depth than trying to have things pop out, but it still did it very well. A good thing they made sure of having with the 3D was the adjustable slider, because when I first looked through it at the max setting, my eyes had a hard time focusing. I slid it to about half-way, and it became perfectly clear to see the depth, even with my prescription glasses. As far as losing the effect when tilting the unit, there is a little leeway, but you can tell when you get close to losing the effect by the blur seen on the left/right edge of the screen.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ars25 said:
i know i'm kindda bumping but for people who live near the mountclaire mall area the best buy behind or next to target has it went there last sat and they had it

Check the link in this thread, Nintendo.com lists all that have it.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donald Serrot said:
Except I tried that link and it didn't even list the Best Buy I had played with the 3DS at not 3 days before. XD
This. I used the link and it didnt say the Best Buy by me had one. Just got back from there and they for sure have one.

Best Buy @ The Plant 181 Curtner Avenue, San Jose, CA

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Best Buy in Denton, TX on Loop 288 has one, Nintendo's finder doesn't list it.

It's in the back by the guitar hero and skateboard accessories, so you might not find it right away.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. There's one less than 10 miles away from me. I'm amazed. Will have to hit that up tonight.
smile.gif
Gonna bring my AK2i and my ancient Datel Games n Music if I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.