Hacking Been awhile.. on 4.1.0

johnnysmith444

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been quite some time since last used my Switch and would be grateful to help sort out what is best to do. There's some games I'd like to play requiring a higher firmware than what I have. Been reading but so much conflicting suggestions and old[er] tutorials and so many utilities now...

Currently on fw 4.1.0 using sxos 2.9.3 on a non-patched switch. Have NAND backups and all the like (from before the days of emuNAND). I'd prefer not to burn fuses unless need to.

1. Should I update sysnand to recent firmware (like 9.1.0?). Any reason not to do this?

2. Alternatively, would it be better to keep sysnand on 4.1.0 and make a copy of it as emunand, then update emunand to 9.1.0 or whatever?
2b, Assuming I do this, the fact that emunand is on 9.1.0 and sysnand is on 4.1.0 I am not at any risk to burn fuses correct?

TIA

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With an emunand setup, there is zero risk of burning fuses, even without autoRCM. You just update your emunand to the latest firmware with choidujourNX, and leave your sysnand alone.

hallo23

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Should I update sysnand to recent firmware (like 9.1.0?). Any reason not to do this?
Only reason is that you can't downgrad your Switch anymore if you update your Switch normally because of burnt fuses.

But with this method you can update your Switch without burning fuses:
An EASY(but a bit more risky) way to update Switch Firmware WITHOUT burning any fuses | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community

My clean sysNand is on 9.2.0 but I still have my 4.1.0 fusecount so technically I could still downpatch if I wanted to.

2. Alternatively, would it be better to keep sysnand on 4.1.0 and make a copy of it as emunand, then update emunand to 9.1.0 or whatever?
If you don't plan to go online with your Switch/sysNand you could just do that, sure.

2b, Assuming I do this, the fact that emunand is on 9.1.0 and sysnand is on 4.1.0 I am not at any risk to burn fuses correct?

correct.

But you should always stay offline on 4.1.0 and emunand (airplane mode and delete all internet settings on your Switch) to prevent it from going online and maybe accidentally updating your Switch(burning fuses) or getting your system banned.

Last edited by hallo23,

johnnysmith444

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thank you both. So I keep sysnand on 4.1.0 and use emunand for anything that needs newer fw for now. Unless I buy a new cart that requires newer firmware.

Two follow-up question...

1. Some games have multiplayer like St@rdew V@lley.. if I had two switches both using emunand is there a way to be able to play multiplayer for that game on local LAN? I don't think that one uses officialservers but I could be wrong.

2. I see a lot of people using FTP and other tools over local network nowadays. So am I fairly safe if I enable WiFi in emunand just for that purpose (not for eshop or online multiplayer)?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Awesome, thank you both. So I keep sysnand on 4.1.0 and use emunand for anything that needs newer fw for now. Unless I buy a new cart that requires newer firmware.

Two follow-up question...

1. Some games have multiplayer like St@rdew V@lley.. if I had two switches both using emunand is there a way to be able to play multiplayer for that game on local LAN? I don't think that one uses officialservers but I could be wrong.

2. I see a lot of people using FTP and other tools over local network nowadays. So am I fairly safe if I enable WiFi in emunand just for that purpose (not for eshop or online multiplayer)?
1. Yes, you can play local lan, it doesn't require connection to ninty servers.
2. People who use ftp and all that stuff are using either incognito or dns settings that block nintendo servers so that they can "safely' enable wifi (or of course people who are already banned).

So, if you don't want bannerino, either stay offline always on your emunand or install incognito or fake dns.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya