OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Idunno' if we've had one of these recently, so...

It's time to share stuff in video games that made you cry like a little girly-man.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybjMrK7vT6o
    Partially because it's going so slow and you KNOW what's going on but it takes them a few minutes to do it...
  • FF6 has a few...
    • The Soldier in Mobliz writing letters to his GF in Miranda... and then Cyan's part.
    • Daryl's Tomb. The whole part where you're walking down the steps and there's the live flashbacks...
    • Locke+Rachel, the Phoenix esper. The wording could definitely be less cliche, but that doesn't stop it from being sad.
  • The ending to Lufia 2. WHYYYYYYYYYYY!
    Though I've read the remake for the DS changes it if you beat it on New Game+.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I cried like a baby at P3P's ending because i thought they had a happy end.
Then i ragecried after discovering P3FES and finding out MC's fate.
I hope they show him coming back in some fashion.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
So many of these threads....

Tales of Rebirth: Claire's Speech
Very sad.. and kinda made me hungry...
wink2.gif

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
machomuu said:
I didn't cry, but I felt really sad when (Major Persona 4 spoiler)
Nanako died.
in bad ending yes.. shocking nonetheless

my add on the topic hum.. FF IV back to 90's when i first beat it and all the characters that died (this episode is a slaugther btw) are back to give their energy and defeat Zeromus.. i loved each and every char in that game, except for the spoony bard lol
smile.gif

EDIT : oh and every time i see you around Rydian, i think about the lil Rydia from there
welcome back again while im at it that's a relief!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would add:
  • FF VI
    • Leo's fate. Mixed feeling, hate for Kefka and sadness for Leo
    • Celes desperate decision on the cliff...
    FF6 has so many emotional and touching events, it's what makes the player even more attached to defeating that damn villain Kefka è_é
  • FF VII
    • Aerith and the lake scene...
I don't remember other games who made me feel sad.

Edit:
Persona 4 has different ending?
Damn, it's already long enough, I hope I won't have the bad one, I'll never have time to play it again XD

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Valkyria Chronicles: (major spoiler)

Isara's death. That fucked me up. It was so sad. Then pretty much any time Isara was mentioned I shed a man tear. The credits even got to me when Rosie was visiting Isara's grave. Then when they showed Welkin and Alicia's daughter...god damn.

Tales of Vesperia:

I didn't shed a tear or anything, but it made me super sad in the fight against Estelle when she told Yuri to kill her.

and since I can i'm going to mention some visual novels since they're about the only other thing i've shed a tear for that are technically games.

Family Project: (not really a spoiler but meh)

Chunhua's ending is so friggin' sad. I can't begin to describe why, it just is. I'd have to summarize most of the VN to do so.

Ever 17:

Sora's "good" ending, and hell, even Tsugumi's "good" ending. Moreso Sora though. I felt so sorry for her.

Clannad:

The whole fucking thing.
...no not quite, but it has a ton of sad moments.

and holy shit lol. Gotta be careful previewing posts...it doesn't hide spoilers in other peoples posts.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koimayeul said:
machomuu said:
I didn't cry, but I felt really sad when (Major Persona 4 spoiler)
Nanako died.
in bad ending yes.. shocking nonetheless
It actually saddened me right when it happens on any ending, I got the True on the first playthrough, but it still saddened me.

PlutonPress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One scene in particuliar in Kingdom Hearts 2 get me every times. With tears of joy, mind you.

I will not put it in spoilers because it's right at the beginning.

When Kairi doesn't remember Sora's name. Roxas fall from the clock tower and connect with her hearts. At the end of this scene, Kairi look right at the camera and say "It start with an "S". Right, Sora?"

Dammit, just thinking about it doesn't help.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
--The ending to Secret of Mana. They said it was going to happen, but I still cried.
--The ending/epilogue to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, during the credits. You know where. This one should be obligatory, though.
--During the final boss fight of Okami. I think that was when I became emotionally attached to Ammy.
--The ending of Okamiden. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?! *Cries* I keep playing the game to change what transpired, but it doesn't change!
--The scene in Super Mario RPG where Mallow learns he's not a frog. Poor kid...
--The realization that I was more than a year in on Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love and no one liked me enough to be considered a love interest. I don't put out enough to even have a virtual boyfriend.
frown.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqRIoiHWdjA[/youtube]
The bit at the end where he says he wants to see everyone one more time and he doesn't want to die got to me bad

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
I've never really cried at a game. But some stuff has made me a bit sad.
Half Life 2: Eli is killed by an adviser
Link To The Past: The Flute Boy
I'll probably add more when I can remember them.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
--The scene in Super Mario RPG where Mallow learns he's not a frog. Poor kid...I found that more hilarious than anything...

QUOTE(Sora de Eclaune @ Jul 31 2011, 01:21 PM) --The realization that I was more than a year in on Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love and no one liked me enough to be considered a love interest. I don't put out enough to even have a virtual boyfriend.
frown.gif
unsure.gif

*nuzzle*

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
--The realization that I was more than a year in on Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love and no one liked me enough to be considered a love interest. I don't put out enough to even have a virtual boyfriend.
frown.gif
unsure.gif

*nuzzle*
Thanks for trying, but most of that was overreaction since I probably don't know how to play the game very well.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cyan said:
Damn, it's already long enough, I hope I won't have the bad one, I'll never have time to play it again XD
I strongly advise you to take a walktrough about this because it's all in one particular turn of the plot, and all made from a Q&A session, one mistake and bam, missed the right ending.. hard to figure out the "correct" ones since, if you'r like me, you will respond personnaly to the given choices ^^

also, there is an extra dungeon from that and even after the end boss, an extra end boss IIRc.. this game is one of my all time favorite but yea.. so lenghty XD

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koimayeul said:
Cyan said:
I strongly advise you to take a walktrough about this because it's all in one particular turn of the plot, and all made from a Q&A session, one mistake and bam, missed the right ending.. hard to figure out the "correct" ones since, if you'r like me, you will respond personnaly to the given choices ^^

also, there is an extra dungeon from that and even after the end boss, an extra end boss IIRc.. this game is one of my all time favorite but yea.. so lenghty XD
Yeah, I actually found out about the Bad endings right after the normal one, literally right after "that decisive part" I checked a walkthrough and found out I made all the right choices. Though I did need the walkthrough for the true ending, which I got on that same playthrough.

It is a long game, but it's a JRPG, what do you expect

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1