Hardware Battery calibration problem (doesn't charge over xx%)

judebox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I've always charged my Switch with the dock or with the official power adapter in nomade mode.
The first times, I had no problems and the battery charged until 100%.

Few days ago, my Switch was shutted off in nomade mode (not stand-by) and plugged to the power cable.
Next morning, when powering on my Switch, the battery percentage was 99%, not 100%.

I thank the Switch drained power when off but the same problem appeared again with percentage like 89% and now 68% !!! It seems now that I can be higher than 68% !

Some people here have the same problem ? Do you think it is a calibration problem ? An OS problem wich can be solved with an update ?
It seems that other people have the same problem on other forums...

Thx !

D

Deleted User

Most likely something wrong with the battery, bring it back to the store that you got it and exchange it for a new one.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read reports that Nintendo will tell you to let the batter drain until it shuts down and then do a full charge to calibrate it. Try that first and see if it fixes the issue. If not return it to store or call Nintendo.

judebox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lot of people seems to have the problem.
Maybe 2 possibilities :
- a software bug with percentage when charging the switch when off (not stand by)
- joy cons that sometimes drain the switch power and sometimes charge the switch when switch is off (have you seen on the net that a switch is drain by a macbook pro when connected to it ?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o